Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

ilovevodka
New Contributor

Count down

My old asshole of a psychiatrist wasted my time and money for 3 years. All he talked about was himself and his self-proclaimed greatness. I made a promise to myself a year ago that I would give it 10 more years before I finally k-word myself. 9 more to go now. As my username suggests the only thing keeping me alive is my SH [removed by moderators] I could not fit into the username god forbid. Anyway. I await my possible new psychiatrists response to my referral. I have a bad habit of only asking for help when it gets to this point. So, in the meantime I have joined the mental illness club as referred by the unhelpful crisis support. If my previous psychiatrist along with everyone else in my life had just listened to me, maybe it wouldn’t have gotten to this point. But I can’t blame them. It’s my fault. Never mention hallucinations if you really want help, they just pump you full of anti-psychotics and label you as crazy. Well, I’ve learnt my lesson. Strictly only mention the common and less stigmatised mental illness. I have a feeling these self-proclaimed great professionals don’t actually know what they’re talking about. (Or care about YOU at least - $$$) Or maybe I just got really unlucky all these years. On top of everything else too! Someone up there must really hate me. No words can describe the constant mental and physical pain I am in. Except maybe “fuck, that hurts”. And everything truly does. Probably always will. It’s been like this for a decade now! Slowly creeping up as a child and then not so slowly ruining my life. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Count down

My previous psych was atrocious as well

There is an org called TELL which helps ppl who have had abusive experiences in therapy. It is really traumatic and im still processing my horrible therapist years later, it is such an abuse of trust.

Hey there @ilovevodka ,

Thanks for posting. I hear you've had a rough ride over a decade of MH struggles. I'm sorry to hear how hard it has been for you and the limited support you have had.

I read you have worked with a psychiatrist, but have you worked with a therapist/psychologist/counsellor to see how they can support you to find healthier ways of managing?

You do deserve support. I'm not sure if you have every contacted our awesome counsellors, but they are available on 1800 187 263 (M-F 10am-10pm AEST).

We are here for you.

Please advise, how do I find TELL @EternalFlower? I googled it with no results.

@ilovevodka 

I hear you, Ive lost count how many psychiatrists Ive been through because they all seem to have their heads up their arse. I have found a one who was brilliant but only does once off appointments. Another that was ok but same deal, once off. My GP wanted an assessment before I went on to a regular one, thats where Im at now. There are good ones out there though.

I get the pain and MH. I have both, if you read my posts you will get an understanding. I have major spinal issues, on heaps of pain meds. Then I got a heap of MH issues so on a heap more meds for that. I spend heaps on medical but doesnt stop the pain or the MH issues it just dulls it. Then I got to try and work on top.

One thing with the psychs etc is you need to be completely honest with them, which is hard if you dont like/trust them. But they cant see where your injured mentally like if you were on you body. They rely on you to tell them everything so they can work out best treatment but I agree its so much like physical pain, throw pain killers at it. Mental throw antipsychotics

Worth a shot if applicable @Historylover @tyme if im not allowed to share links lmk

https://www.therapyabuse.org/about_us.htm

Thank you, @EternalFlower.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance