Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

FaithinGod
Casual Contributor

Suicidal thoughts

Most days I wake up with suicidal thoughts and throughout the day until bedtime I experience this too. Partly it is because of poor cognition, partly its because I feel drugged up with antipsychotics and an antidepressant and sleeping pills (for sleep at night), and partly because of Insomnia.

I have been living like this for years. I used to get fed up of waiting in the hospital emergency department for this experience, or on crisis helplines including the local Acute Care Team and Continuing Care Team (which mostly were bad experiences) and Lifeline and Suicide Call Back phoneline. I continue to see various Doctors and Psychiatrists. Psychologists are my least favourite, my condition is so different and I have seen them enough.

What keeps me going is faith in God (I am Christian), but honestly I have been through so much. It's really been hard. I am also living with psychosis which gets worse on many antipsychotics.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Suicidal thoughts

Hi @FaithinGod ,

Welcome to the forums. We appreciate you sharing what is currently happening for you. It sounds so tough.Yet it is pleasing to hear that you find comfort in your faith. This can really be something that keeps you going.

Do you find comfort in the verses you read in the Bible?

Mental Health can be frustrating in many ways, yet from my own experience, I have seen how much I have learnt from my Mental Health journey.

Have you ever contacted SANE's Drop-In line on weekdays? 1800 187 263 (M-F 10am-10pm AEST).

They are pretty awesome, but the wait times can be stressful sometimes.

You are not alone here. Please keep reaching out.

Hey Tyme, 

Thanks for writing back. Yeah it definitely is a challenge living with mental illness. 

I try to read the bible before bed to unwind. 

I have called Sane hotline a couple of times, I wonder if the drop in line is the same? 

Yes @FaithinGod ,

The hotline is the same as the drop-in line.

Oh okay, I might give them a phone call. Hotlines can be very valuable and rewarding.  

Try mediation and reading positive affirmations. Take care x

What has the weekend go in store for you both? @Tilly3 @FaithinGod ? 

Happy to listen if you want a chat.

Thanks Tyme, and thanks Tilly.   Have had my 2 brothers v...

Thanks Tyme, and thanks Tilly.

Have had my 2 brothers visit me today. We had lunch together.  We ate some dessert 🍨  I made from a cooking group the other day with an all abilities group, a passion fruit slice. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance