Skip to main content

Re: Life can be a Pain

Hi Mumma Bear @Owlunar 

I am sure you will go fine with the work you need at the dentist. At least you can afford it. I understand the anxiety though. For some inexplicable reason I always start shaking in the dentist chair. I am not nervous about it but I can’t seem to help it.

I am looking at losing four teeth but can’t afford the implants. My bottom two front teeth are going to fall out at some point as the bone has receded. I have one on the bottom left at the back that a filling keeps falling out of and they are saying perhaps extraction on that one and one at the back top right side of the mouth that needs extracting too. I haven’t looked after my teeth and I grind them in my sleep. I once had a night guard made but then my wisdom teeth moved and made it painful to wear. I guess I will one day end up with dentures. 

Meggle

I grind my teeth too @Oaktree - this is hard on our teeth - I had a mouth guard way back in the past and chewed my way though it in a few weeks - that was a fizzer.

Losing teeth is something that happens - I have had a partial denture for years - with very few lower teeth it has been a miracle that this has lasted as long as it has - I broke one when I was in the ED a few weeks ago now - and Xray yesterday proved I have an infection under my wisdom tooth which is otherwise sound - maybe there is a crack in it - so yes - I need implants.

My lower jaw is very shallow - it will not hold a denture without implants and luckily - so far - it seems the bone is okay - so I am hoping for the best - but jittery - yes.

Partial dentures are okay as long as there is enough teeth to hold them - perhaps you need to get to a dentist and have this work done as soon as possible - this might mean going through the public system - it's important not to let it get worse - and private dental treatment is expensive - I am lucky to have a very good dentist - I really hope you can find one who can help you out.

I feel okay about fillings and cleaning etc. - no problems there - but getting the wisdom tooth out is something I don't want to think about - 

I hear you though - you get jittery and you might need dentures - partials would be better - I guess this a decision everyone has to make for themselves and - yes - I wish you the best with that.

I hope your Saturday has been a good one - I went out to feed the seagulls again today and one of my neighbours told me it's illegal to feed them now and the police will fine people for doing this - which seems ridiculous to me - I believe him though - darn - I thought that was a good way to get rid of excess bread I get here now and again - the fun police are always out and looking about for something.

Never mind - I might do this quietly - and not often - what a unnecessary law - these birds have been scavenging in the tip for decades - sigh.

All the best @Oaktree 

Thinking of you

Mumma Bear

Owlunar

Thanks @TAB 

It's just a case of wait and see for now - and my day has been okay.

Melbourne weather changes so it might be different soon - it has been a grey and gloomy day but not cold.

I hope your heater is up and working by now - it will make a difference to your winter and well done working with the availably and prices.

All the best

Owunar

Thanks @Owlunar   heater guy came and looked at it other day, not sure when he will be back, but yes, will be just what the doctor ordered.

I will be super happy and with myself once in gets going 😁

Hi all

Proud of u @TAB 

Hope ur dental work goes well @Owlunar 

The weather in melbourne is cold but the skies can be beautiful

IMG_20230529_171411_484.jpg

just muddling along, but thanks @EternalFlower  🙂

Hey @EternalFlower ! Good to see you!

Hey @Decadian @TAB !

Actually - this afternoon I rather enjoyed the wintery feel of the weather - it wasn't cold though - 

That is a beautiful photo - @EternalFlower - Sometimes I use filters to alter the clouds - no recent ones - I consider them an art form - I'll see if I can post one tonight - 

And thanks for the best wishes for my dental work - which will take time to start - I had a Xray yesterday - and I see the surgeon on Tuesday and I will need another Xray to check the bone to see if it can hold an implant - and then I have to have new dentures and it will go on for however long it takes.

Gradually I am getting used to the idea - I knew this time would come and it has - it will be okay - except getting my wisdom tooth out - that won't be any fun - I do trust my dentist though

I hope your Saturday was a good one

Owlunar

I called this one FirmamentI called this one Firmament

Of course @TAB 

These things have to be installed - ah - the waiting and hoping and looking at your new device.

It is so good to just buy something and plug it in and turn it on - 

I hired my TV and DVR for years - I would get a new whatever whenever anything broke down and the TV man would come and install it - he knew exactly what to do. I was sad - I had known him for years - when he died - and his wife said I could keep the equipment without paying anymore - so kind - I was really moved when I learned all this.

However - when I need something new I will have to get someone to install it - darn - well - I look at it this way - all these years I had good service from a decent man who helped a lot.

All the best with your new heater

Owlunar

Thanks @Owlunar  I think people still set tvs up

Harvey Normans insisted on doing my tv