Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Partners who chose to stay for the long haul

🎉 @Former-Member 

Think.I am more impressed than he is ... 😀.

@Sophie1 how are you and Ms S today?

Good morning long haulers 😀

Can I gently encourage you today to do some thing that makes you smile.

Smiles are free gifts of beauty and giving them.away sprinkles joy into lives of others. 

@sharnie 

Come and meet some others who understand. 

Holidays + partner with MI  = difficult for a few of us.

@Lost1  @Lisek @Dewdrop 

Checking in to see how you are going.

@Dunks  hoping things are starting to settle a little.

@Tiggeroo been thinking of you too and wondering how you and BB are going.

Hi @Former-Member, good advice, re the smiles.
This morning hubby called me over to him and gave me a big bear hug, and thanked me for all that I do for him. He told me he doesnt know what he'd do if it werent for me. This makes all the tough times we have been through, almost worth it. It brought a grateful smile to my face, and I cried thankful tears afterwards. Being a carer for an extremely difficult person is a constant battle, but there are some lovely moments. And those rare moments are why we chose to stay for the long haul. Its often those small gestures which mean the most.

Waves to some regulars here @Faith-and-Hope, @Shaz51 @Lost1 @Lisek @Dewdrop @Dunks @Tiggeroo  @Sophie1. And  @sharnie I hope to see you here on this thread soon.

Sherry 🌸

That made me smile @Former-Member @Former-Member 💕

Hi! Sorry I'm quiet...I struggle to contribute but I do read your posts. Funny (not funny) that you mentioned my name today. Today is not easy. We are going through another low low episode. My Mr did see a psychiatrist twice now, it seems like they told him the best they can do is give him snri type pills. He has been on them for nearly a month now with no results, they increased the those to 200mg, he now took 300mg and nothing. Yesterday we had some drinks at home and this let the black dog out again... Very difficult night and loads of tears. It's my fault I should have been the wet blanket and say no to drinks. I also notices he now has a cigarette every now and then. He never smoked. I saw on the "to do list" which is a mixture of work and personal stuff he wrote Will... I'm scared.

@Former-Member

Thanks for check in

It has been a long week with not a lot of smiles. 

I am thinking I need to go to a solicitor to try and find a way to protect myself financially. 

Spending is out of control and search for money desperate with MrW

Lots of verbal abuse when I try to support but now it is getting too serious and our house is my concern.

I am not sure how all this is going to  end 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance