Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

Anogher trailer load of prunings loaded and ready to go to the dump in the morning and anothernon the ground readybto load. Front yard is starting to look good ☺

Shouted myself battery operated pruning saw and pole saw for Christmas. They are brilliant and so much easier to use.  

I had earmarked 2 ugly looking (my uneducated opinion lol) 'weeds' for removal but darling informed me they were hibiscus and she would rather I not lol.  They have recieved a haircut though as they were out of control.  And planted way too close to fences and orher shrubs. 

@Determined I do have memories of your "problem solver" chainsaw posted in the early stages of this thread 😀 and can imagine your darling watching on 😵 as you enthusiastically tackle the overgrowth 😀.

Seriously though it is lovely to see reward for effort 🙌

Any ideas on what this may be?

I am calling weed. Mum and Darling not sure but at least Darling does not mind if I remove it altogether...

20181213_164350.jpg

20181213_164319.jpg

Darling seems pleasantly amused with my sudden interest in gardening @Former-Member

It is good seeing the reward for effort. Last place there was simply too much work and it was always catching up and never any real reward for effort just more work to be done. 

I have actually been finding late afternoon watering therapeutic. I used to laugh at people out watering in the afternoon and think what a waste of water lol. 🙂

Waiting on pic @Determined, how tall is the plant?

The most amusing part of today was when s3 wanted to help daddy and weeded all of darlings freshly planted pitunias. Mummy was not pleased when she got home from town despite him being pleased with his efforts.  So now he is asking daddy before he pulls. So sweet having him out wanting to help despite often being unferfoot and in the way. 

Plant more of a tree @Former-Member, about 3m tall. A lot of branches were hanging over neighbour's gutters and ours sona fair spread also. Timber consistancy similar to that of rubber tree but leaves look nothing like that. Little green nuts (soft) for seeds. 

This is the trunk 

Screenshot_20181213-204209_Gallery.jpg

So far I have only removed branches that are interfering with buildings and souronding shrubs/ trees. 

Second of the two pics through @Determined,  looks like an umbrella tree, sold in southern states as an indoor/pergola plant.  Would need to see a flower stem to confirm - botanical name is  brassaia if you want to google.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance