Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The magic of tidying

Well today I said goodbye to audio cassettes and some university notes... doesn't sound much but a couple of hours' work and maybe 3 boxes worth... feeling diminished atm rather than liberated

Hi @Dimity and @TAB My Christmas plans have been shattered. I usually have the afternoon to face an exquisite jigsaw that could conquer me. Usually takes around 3 days of round the clock being “in the zone”.

Upshot is that I now have 10 family members instead. And I’ve been advised that much of my clutter will need to be “dealt with” in advance. I object! Wonder whether half of it will temporarily make it into my bedroom? 😊

..still 2 weeks to Christmas , maybe start on it now, but start in your bedroom if you have one ? @Delicatessen  no risk either way. 

Commiserations re rels . I do not have any that would visit , nor do I have any space for anyone to invade. Sure you'll work it out.

Isn't saying , no you cant come an option ? just say you have covid, pretty sure nephews gf pulled that one a while back lol

Love it @TAB

..all I can do @Delicatessen ...

'just workin' .. for the Public ..'   

to paraphrase Iggy Pop .. lol

You're brave catering for 10 rellos @Delicatessen . I wouldn't have the seating. But I don't think I've got as many as 10 still on speaking terms with me.

Yes @TAB is right... start with your bedroom then see how much is stackable. 

I've been tackling some stuff but unpacking it so it sometimes seems to get worse before it gets better. I'm gazing at the coffee table as I speak... must work my way down the layers.

@Dimity  I meant for @Delicatessen  to start the jigsaw in bedroom .. 

yes, agree , have worked for hours, stopped and looked and thought still a mess. Its a process. If didn't do anything I wouldnt be able to walk around here

Tomorrow I'm hoping for help in the garden. Today was a bit fraught, supporting a family member and peacemaking.  Relieved what I'd thought was a crisis wasn't so bad.

This week I've done little more than basic chores. I tossed some old clothes - I guess that was a small achievement. 

um not sure what I did today @Dimity  fed gecko, it ate parts of a mealworm and 2 flies I  got for it lol

must have been hungry.

I got myself to physio,cancelled GP appt cos then realised what it was for so had to re book it it .

made myself some salad wraps, starting to like coles wholemeal wraps not sure they are economical, but suppose they are healthy and they taste alright with salad.

Oh, my inheritance money is in the bank , so there's something else to worry about lol

@TAB some pluses there. Good re physio, good re healthy eating, great re inheritance coming through.  2023 should be looking brighter.

Nice of you to look after gecko. I look out for magpies and a neighbourhood cat when I walk.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance