Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Thread: Songs you love.

No worries @Powderfinger. It's all good and there's no rush. Do what you need to do and take care of yourself first. We'll still be here when you've got some more time to come back and fan out about music a bit more with us 😊 

I can't wait. It's a topic I absolutely love talking about. 

@TideisTurning that comment was in response to yours. Forgot to tag you. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

What a great thread @Powderfinger@TideisTurning is right, I'm keen to see any and every thread on music! 😂💖  Music's a huge and important part of my life.

I can imagine this being an ongoing thread/discussion - there's no way I can think of every song I love and put them all in one post- the list would also probably be hundreds or thousands of songs long! 😂

So here are some of mine that come to the forefront of my mind right now:

I think I linked this song in another thread, but it's honestly such a favourite. So calming. There've been times I've just listened to this on loop for 30 minutes or something, which calms me if I'm feeling particularly anxious.

Also a big fan of FKA Twigs - shout out to any other fans 🙂 

Denzel does RATM incredible justice. Hard rock is one of my favourite genres!

🎶🎵🎶

@greenpea 

I am finally able to get back to this thread. I listened to "Would" by Alice and could not get into it. It is not a bad song, I just could not get into it. I do like grunge myself, not all of it but some. I love Nirvana, but will only listen to it at times that I feel depressed and that is a maybe. Lots of credit to Nirvana and Kurt Cobain. 

This is not grunge, but I do listen to "Don't tread on me" by Metallica when I am feeling angry at times. 

I grew up listening to the black album a lot in my teens. I do not listen to it much these days though. 

@TideisTurning 

Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to you. I am currently listening to Storms by Darren Middleton as I am writing to you. He has a lovely voice and this is a mellow song which is nice for a change. Actually the song is making me want to cry. I am not sure why, but it is what it is. I am wondering if you go to sleep sopmetimes and listen to storms on your phone. I do. I listen to that or trickling streams with the sounds of storms in the distance. I guess anything to find some comfort, when there is no one to comfort me. Something I need so much, but do not have and I find that a bit upsetting.

Anyhow, the song itself is lovely and I can see what you find it uplifting when you do not feel so great. 

I listened to Tidal Wave by owl city and thought I had heard the voice before. He also sang fireflies. 

A song that cheers me up is Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson. I just love the song and the clip as well. 

@TideisTurning 

Often times even though it sounds easy, technology can be a pain in the ass to get something to work. I am also not an Apple fan. I never have been and avoid apple personally. Making a plsy list is just as good. I have a playlist on my phone for when I am working. I just keep adding to it now and then. I do all my music through youtube. 

@Former-Member 

Sorry it has taken me a bit to reply. I could talk about this all day too. Music has been huge for me my entire life. I have loved, breathed and worked in it as a career. I wil always love music and I have a huige respect for it. 

I have listened to Paramore. Not a lot of them I will admit, but my favorite is still "How did we get here"? Thank you for incliding some history too. I actually did not know this. I will listen to the other songs you mentioned. 

Oh my gosh I LOVE LOVE LOVE Florence and the Machine. What the water gave me is one of my favorites. She is on my list for concerts. I love music concerts as well. 

Of course I am familair with Natalie Imbruglia, Kelly Clarkson and Sara Bareilles. All amazing singers. I know everyone pretty much loves Pink. I love her, not only for her music but because of who she is. She is so grounded, so real, so herself, a good and beautiful soul and she really does love connecting with people. She has so many amazing songs, but I have been listening lately to dear my president. A seriously gifted artist and lovely person. 

As for love songs, I actually do love them. I find them hard to listen to at times, but when I can manage, I do listen to them. Lily Allen is awesome. I love all her songs, especially *uck you

I do like lay me down by Sam Smith. 

Thanks heaps for sharing. 

@LostAngel 

Hi there. You have mentioned quite a few artists that I also love. I have seen both Adele and Lana Del Rey in concert. Lana Del Rey wow. She still blows my mind and inspires me. Been listenoing to her for a long time. She is also a very interesting person. I love Queen. I used to like coldplay a fair bit but I dont listen tot hem much anymore. I do not listen to Sia, it reminds me of horrible times. 

I am going to another concert this year to see John Butler Trio and the Teskey Brothers. I had tickets booked for Tones and I this year, but then Coronavirus hit and I got a refund. She is definiotely still on my list. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance