Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Walking for Wellness

@Dimity my diabetes educator told me to drink fennel tea. She told me it brings down blood sugars. I just put it in a coffee grinder then steep it in boiling water in a tea strainer.  

Well done re bands @SmilingGecko .

I'll have to unearth my coffee grinder. 

@Dimity @Oaktree @SmilingGecko @TAB @Adge 

I’m watching Field of Dreams. Never enough tissues for this movie 😭 ❤️

Does anyone use a fitness or walking app to monitor their progress?

G

@Glisten not a fitness or walking app but I use a mood/activity tracker. 

A medic recently asked how far I walk each day but I didn't really know, as I go by time and zigzag. 

i can record a few walks at a time ,but dont have a proper app @Glisten , if i wrote it down every time would work.  except for other week not walked in months , then got sent to hosp w bad heart beat. so its looking like not walking is not an option for me.  I suspect bad heart beart is my version of supreme unfitness

@TAB I know it's not easy for you and in the past you've needed rest days after walking. It would be good to talk to the heart people and get their recommendations but maybe start very small, perhaps 10 minutes.

I have a follow-up with a cardiologist Monday, he wasn't impressed with my poor stamina so I need to do more too. I wasn't fit enough to do the stress echocardiogram he wanted.

No I have not used an app @Glisten to track my fitness. Could you recommend an app that you may know about?  I just track my walking for a certain number of minutes a day. I wonder if theres and app for walking as well as resistance bands. My muscles feel a lot better after todays session @Dimity you really notice the change after doing it. I like the fact that I can able to squeeze it into my daily routine instead of hauling myself to a gym. I hate to think how much a local gym costs nowadays. I used to do gyms when I was younger YMCA and a local fitness centre but its so inconvenient having to get there and come back home again

I did a Pilates Class this morning, as I missed my Yoga Class. @Oaktree @SmilingGecko @Dimity @Glisten @TAB 

Not at all familiar with Pilates (unlike Yoga), was somewhat outside my comfort zone.

Pilates still gave me a good workout, & involved using resistance bands on legs & arms.

There was some Aircon in the Council Leisure Centre, though hardly working in the Fitness Room (where we were).

I go for a good long walk once a week, around the local park.

Google tracks my Mobile Phone as I walk or go places - I don't have a Fitness App.

Google says I walk 5km each Tuesday Walk (around park) - I have no idea how it could be 5km.

Adge

did stress ECG few years ago @Dimity  was just slow peddling on exercise bike  still seemed hard after a bit . trouble is waiting to feel up to going for walk, prob need to get a few short ones under my belt first might make a difference 

if get walking app or find measured distance can check it @Adge 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance