Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

There are a few friends that continue to suprise me with their strength and the love an support they show to others when they are struggling as well and you are one of them my beautiful Em. We are truly blessed to count you as a friend. Sending you some gentle hugs and buckets loads of love. @Emelia8 

@Emelia8 

Hi Em - you are a saint - truly - at this time when it should be all about you getting support you are caring for your husband who is very ill himself - I understand that - and you are entertaining on Australia Day - which is amazing - I don't know how you do this - but you do

I am pretty sure that it's easier for you to tend to him and do this for him because it would be harder for you if you didn't - I get that

I am divorced - which I am sure you already know - and there are times when I am so convinced that I was not a supportive wife and I could have done more for my then-h - still - after all these years - decades - I know he was a sullen, silent man whose silence I think was a form of abuse - it's hard to imagine that silence could be so LOUD - but after years of it I rebelled - 

And that's enough about that - I am happier alone

Your skin would be irritated by all this radiation and the scar line more so - I have had to open-surgeries on my left shoulder - through the same scar - and both times I was told not to expose the shoulder to the sun - and in those days I did wear skimpy tops - remember the days. I wonder if you could put sun-screen on the scar-line - you could ask and it might help - I hope it does

I guess the whole thing is wearing you down - I am glad you can stay at the hospital some nights and have a room with a kitchenette  - it is certainly much easier than driving so far as this therapy wears you down more each time. I understand that your husband would be struggling with you away - I know he could do better but I also get he is afraid too - it's a rough time

I wish you the best for Australia Day - I would actually like to come to your barby - even bring some of my own home made meat patties with the onion hidden inside them so people can smell the onions frying but don't know where they are - I used to take them to church barbecues and people would have their mouths watering - I didn't enlighten them - it was fun. I hope you can enjoy yourself even if it's hard because you are introverted - 

I was flat out busy yesterday - I will write all that in my thread - it was interesting - I read my phone when I was lying on the bed totally buggered after my day and only after a very light dinner did I remember I had forgotten lunch. I didn't bother to get up and use my computer to reply - but I was thinking about you and how well you treat your husband and hoping you - knowing somehow - you are blessed doing all this

Sending my love as always

Dec

My favourites - fairy bread and baby pavsMy favourites - fairy bread and baby pavs

@Emelia8  sweetheart, thinking of you and sending you caring wishes to get better as soon as possible. Love you hunny. peaxxx

2 Peas In A Pod GIFs | Tenor

Screenshot_2021-01-17-16-03-06-78.jpg

My Mum's favourite, wanted to share with you @Emelia8 x

@Clawde Heartxxx

@greenpea @Emelia8 @Anastasia @Owlunar @Former-Member @Eve7 @Sans911 @Snowie @Clawde 

Sending you all love, hoping your going ok

@Emelia8 so glad you're HALF WAY!🎉 Getting there precious lady.
I was wondering with your burning skin - would refrigerated burn cream or Aloe help? Cold compresses? Just a thought. Rest up 💙💙💙

Screenshot_2021-01-23-17-42-33-28.jpg

I thought these would look pretty in your home Em x

@Emelia8 

They would indeed @Anastasia ... very beautiful.  As are the pink tulips.  Thank you.  🤗💕🌸

I've had another bad headache all afternoon, so havent been around much.  Going to get an early night I think.

How have you been today?  Are you looking forward to tomorrow's christmas celebrations?  Is it a lunchtime thing?

Thankyou @Former-Member @outlander @greenpea @Owlunar @Former-Member @BlueBay @Snowie @Eve7  for your lovely posts today.  I will get back to you all when I can.  My sore head is preventing me from thinking clearly right now.  Hoping a better nights sleep tonight may help things.  Damn cancer treatments!

Emelia 💞

Praying you wake tomorrow and the headache has gone Em 🤞🙏

I'm ok thank you, a busy enough day. Yes excited for tomorrow. My Mum and Dad are joining us so that will be lovely.

Now please go get some sleep 😘💕

@Emelia8 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance