Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

Good morning @greenpea @Anastasia 🌞💞

Morning @Emelia8 @greenpea @Eve7 @Anastasia 

Hoping your day goes well

Take care 💜💜

Thanks @Snowie @greenpea @Eve7 @Anastasia @outlander 

Cant get apt with vet today for Holly 😔🐶  But got one on Friday arvo. I have early radiotherapy this Friday, so will be back in time.

Been scurrying around doing as much as I can in preparation for tomorrow's BBQ. Got hubbys scripts ordered and collected. Just back and I have a load of washing to hang out. 

I trimmed several climbing rose bushes yesterday. Looks much neater and happy with result. But my arms are both covered in red marks where I got hooked by rose thorns.

I will bring tressle tables, extra chairs, eskys etc up from the garage this arvo ready for tomorrow. Get it all set up on the large covered back deck. Also got Aussie flag bunting and flags to put up tonight. Wont be much more I can do until the day. I picked up all the non perishable foods and condiments from butcher and supermarket yesterday. And ordered rolls, bread and lamingtons from bakery for collection tomorrow.

Its a shame ... hubby loves these occasions, but for me ... its a chore that I just want to get over and done with.

Better get washing out to dry, quick shower and change ... and off to my next radiation session.

Emelia 🌷

@Emelia8 

I hope Holly is ok hun and that your radiation session goes ok.

Sounds like you have already done so much, especially for tomorrow. Even though it feels like a chore I hope you can enjoy some moments of tomorrow.

Take care of you sweetie, you are super important to us 

💜💜

You're such an organised person @Emelia8 

Go Em!! Sounds as though you've got most things covered. I hope hubby enjoys himself tomorrow & appreciates how much effort you put in, despite being unwell.

It made me smile that you can get little Holly into the Vets later this week.'the wait might be a bit testing for your nerves, but at least she's booked in to be tended to. What's the weather forecast for your area? I hope not too many hot days on their way.

Melbourne was unbearable overnight & had already hit 30deg by 8 or 9'am. Thankfully a cool

change is due later tonight.

I hope your radiation sessions goes as well as it can.

Hugs xx

💞💞

Thanks @Emelia8 

I feel a little out of my depth. Thanks for your support.

I appreciate you dropping in, hope treatment goes ok 

@Emelia8 

Hi Em -

I did write you a post and you know - it does happen - I lost that 

And my shouder is twitchy so I think I need a couple of tablets and a hot pack and a lie down and read - that should help

You are super organised - as @WIP  and @Snowie  said - with all your visits for radiation and tomorrow's barby - and poor little Holly has to see the vet on Friday - I will be thinking of you

It's really hot in Melbourne today - I am sure it is over the century - it's not quite 2.00 pm

Hopefully I will get back later - I type fast but this shoulder has to take a break - see you soon

Dec

Dear @Emelia8 ,

i cant imagine doing a big party. I too am an introvert my husband and I used to entertain a lot. But that was ages ago.  I am actually worried for you, especially if as you say this goes on into the night.  Please stay safe. 

At least you are well into the radiotherapy and it will soon enough be over.  Another hurdle over.  All that treatment I had forgotten about much of it but remember reading your posts.  

I know I haven’t been much support here lately, but you have a lot of people with you ..you are however in my thoughts a lot.,

I am ok, but finding the anxiety a lot to cope with.  I would like more peace.  But I get comfort reading around the forums and knowing that I am not alone in this.

take care Em ,

love 💕 peri

Oh Em,

sorry you couldn't get Holly in today. Please let me know how you go on Friday.

Rose thorns are nasty and can get infected hun, please keep your eye on the marks should they need attention.

Honestly @Emelia8 how you have achieved so much is literally beyond me. I am sorry that you have to entertain tomorrow. like @Snowie said I do hope that there is some joy in the day for you too. I can imagine when you arrive to your destination Wednesday it may even be a time for you to relax a little?

Love you more my beautiful friend.

Capture.PNG

Night @Emelia8 🙏🤗💕🌸🧚‍♀️🧚

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance