Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

I'm so glad he finally had surgery, now to start the recovery process.

@Emelia8 that is good news. Sorry about your brother, I can imagine he is shaken up. Please try to stay positive hun xxx here with you

Sending you hugs and best wishes @Emelia8 

I'm travelling rough at the moment too, so that's all I can offer at the moment.  I hope you start to feel better soon 🌻

❤️ @WIP 

@Former-Member 💜

@Emelia8  Love to you and your family Emelia8. Love also to @Former-Member  sweetheart.xx

@Former-Member 

I'm just checking in here on how you're doing and to ensure you're safe. I will send you an email just to ensure you are okay and supported right now.

Please remember that Lifeline and the Suicide Callback Service are both free 24 hr services that offer a safe space in which to receive some professional support at any time.

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling

Heart

Ochre

Thank you @Former-Member @WIP @Eve7 @Anastasia @greenpea @NatureLover @Snowie @Owlunar @outlander @Schitzo @eth @Lee82 @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @Maggie @BlueBay 💜

@Former-Member  I understand 💞

Having a dreadful wrestle with my inner demons right now.

Its pretty obvious that Im a deeply flawed 'heap of :pile_of_poo:' human being. 😈

But Im still entitled to peer support. In fact probably I need it more than most. Or at least equally ... arent I?

I never set out to hurt or upset anyone, I never wish harm on another ... never! I hate conflict, it literally turns my stomach. Its always me that gets hurt, me that suffers any consequences.

Am I making this all about me now? Perhaps I am ... but its my thread, so Im entitled. Arent I?  Im not sure of anything any more.

And yet, its worth all that just to have the chance to be in your company. I really need you.

The demons are getting the upper hand. Forgive me.

Emelia 🌹

all good @Emelia8 Heart

sending you hugs and sitting with you my friend Heart

@Emelia8 

Just Hugs

Heart

I can relate to motor bike accidents, tho I never hurt myself badly, I know a few stories. It is serious and glad you finally felt able to share.  I am not triggered, as it was not the basis of our family issues.  Thank you for clarifying.  It would be awful for your brother.

Be you and thats cool.  I was once told off by a young pretty blonde with her father in tow, thats depressing, when I mentioned I had a car accident in the previous week. It was not bloomin depressing, it was current and real, and to deny it, means one has to put on fronts and then may be accused of hiding something.  Such a weird world we live in.

Stay Safe and Stay Kind.

Heart

@Emelia8 

Please speak kindly to yourself dear Em.

I'm feeling similar today and as a result deactivated my FB and lying low, wondering if I actually have any real friends in the outside world. It's helped a little. Is there something you can do to distract yourself, a walk, art, paint your nails, call the support line hun? 

I can hear your pain and I am sitting with you holding your hand. 🌸🌸🌸

Oooh dear @Emelia8 

just read that post while I was doing the earlier reply.

Please dont let it get to you.  You are entitled to support and you have it.  Not sure what went on.  I understand why people may be triggered if it feeds into their particular stories.  This business of what is triggering and not triggering is complex.  My son was getting triggered by the "love" word, it made him feel all the lack of love feelings.  Luckily I also had been triggered by that word,  every time I read it on the forums in the eraly days, my tummy would tighten, I have worked thru it now, and was able to take my son's statement as fair enough... stoppped using the word, and then later he was able to tell me he loved me.  Just a story about triggers.

This is your thread.

Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance