Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

eudemonism
Senior Contributor

A continuum of understanding

So i realized awhile back. Im not alone and there are many others who are also going through good and bad days. And in my own experience. Its easy to begin blaming a myriad of reasons i believe are the culprit for my suffering. (Bad day) Which does nobody any good. But still the bad days keep coming. And the only way ive found to overcome them. Is to persevere and battle on. And too try and make it as easy as possible on myself.

Thinking is not a bad thing. Its what you think about that does the damage. And unfortunately. Theres lots of things that will try to bring you down along the way. And they will do it. In the most conceiving and inconspicuous of ways. So beware about your aura.

Self talk is a good weapon. Its just the structure and nature you give it. That depends on if it will try to assist or destroy you. And, i honestly think. That, to really know anybody. You first need to know yourself. Luckily im a typical human being. Haha 😄
4 REPLIES 4
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: A continuum of understanding

all too true @eudemonism - thank you for sharing 🙂

@eudemonism your insight into coping with the bad days is so wonderful to hear. You are right, some days it is about preservation but also knowing what a powerful tool positve self talk can be! 

Hi eudomonism

Thank you for the concept and the reinforcement. You are so right and yes I am only human too. I held onto all of the wonderful self care, self talk and self soothing constructs for 4 months. Unfortunately the continual barrage took so many layers of self protection that I could not sustain myself any longer. Overall skinned alive and shoved back into my previous deep, dark well. 

I have given myself something good though, as hard as it is to recognise. A week to somehow allow the really icky stuff to ooze away, a week to hide. 

Today I made the "huge" decision to leave my house for a short while and handle how difficult it was and to undertake some of that essential grocery shopping stuff. It just took 4 hours to work up to it!

And yes, nothing untoward actually occurred. I am trying to focus upon this as an accomplishment, even though getting home again was certainly the major goal. 

Mission accomplished with many more missions to be achieved. 

Regards and thank you Bast

Hi Bast

Ive found that there are a few important factors which contribute to a good or a bad day for me. And i realize this and try to set myself for as many good days as possible. But inevitable there is always a another day just around the corner. No matter how hard i try to avert and avoid them. So i suppose its the same for everyone else out there. Although not obvious from the outside.

Its great that youve managed to go shopping. It sounds like its quite a challenge for you. I know others with mental health problems who avoid shopping centers and need support with getting out and about each day. Which i understand.

Getting out and about, socializing and social activities are a huge part of any bodies well being. Sadly its easier said then done for many people. And also its good to have a safe place, sanctuary and humble abode to retreat too when enough is enough

Put it this way. If i could. Without major problems occurring. Id go 100% hermit and recluse mode. Because apart of me dont like any other humans very much at all. But the social creatures we are. Kind of makes socializing an essential behaviour. And with that said, other humans are essentially where all the pain and pleasure comes from.

I on average. Over the last 6 years. Have probably spent about 18 too 21 hours in my unit. And there is patterns in the places i visit. Or whom visits me. Or the things i do. And i honestly figure. The less i do. The less stress im under. The less people im involved with. The less drama there is. So i figure that keeping things to a minimum is actually good.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance