Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Hello @NatureLover 

Thank you for thinking of me 💚

Sunday already 😔

But a glorious one at that. Will get up shortly to strip my bed and wash the sheets. It always makes me feel good. I saw my boy yesterday, he's had a slight tweak in his meds, one that's been suggested for months actually but we were scared to try in case it sedated him too much to drive, seems it's ok. So that ticks a huge box. Fingers crossed it does what its intended to do. He was in good spirits but has been lonely. That makes me sad. He has so many things to occupy him there so he'll have to make use of them as there's a long road ahead before he's home. My Dad will get his cancer update results on Tuesday...I'm really not looking forward to that. I'm quite scared actually. Monday will be busy at work which is good as my mind will be busy. I had a scare with my eyes during the week and spent two days at the optometrist checking them out. I have floaters that came on suddenly and covered the majority of my left eye. They are there to stay and I need to seek treatment should they become worse or a couple of other more extreme signs of a retinal tear. A sign of getting old!

I have relatives visiting next week and for the Easter period. Not staying with me though thank goodness. 

And you my friend, what's news with you?

Tagging @Emelia8 as this is the first and only mention of this news. 

Hope you both have some sunshine in your days. Love to you both 🙏💞💐

@Anastasia  thanks so much for your news, I appreciate it. It makes me feel like I'm still in the loop, plus I want to know how you're doing...

Am happy to hear you have a 'glorious' day there 🙂 Also that the fresh sheets will make you feel good - it's kind of a nurturing thing, isn't it. Also glad to hear that the tweak in your son's meds seem to not sedate him too much. It sounds like he'll be in hospital a while then? 

I read somewhere that you're taking Tuesday off work - is that to get the results of your Dad's cancer update? I will be thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed that it's better and less frightening that you're expecting 💔

I'm concerned to read about your eyes though - that sounds scary. I have never heard of 'floaters'. Gosh - I hope they don't become worse at all. 

I don't have much news...I was up at 5 this morning, then went back and lay on top of the bed at about 7 and slept till just then 😮 But I was tired as yesterday I had a Hens' Party for most of the day. It was at a winery, and there was wine-tasting, lunch, and a 2.5 hour painting class. I didn't have any wine as the preservatives give me asthma, but the whole thing was lovely and I really enjoyed the painting class. I would link a photo of my painting, which we all did, except that I think it might be used on the painting teacher's website as a demo, so I won't. 

I'm encouraged by the first week with the new manager, so am feeling more relaxed about work. The CEO's wife has 3 weeks away now too, so I won't be jostling /waiting around for a computer! I guess the next blow will be my old manager retiring in a month's time - I adore her, and she's been my protector at work for 12 years. You just never know about how people (i.e. the new manager) feels about mental illness - whether they will mock it (I've had that happen to me), whether they have a big stigma about it, or whether they will be understanding about it. My old manager, when I ring up and say I'm having a non-functioning day and need a mental health day off, says things like, "Oh honey, go sit in the sun, take it easy, we'll see you next Thursday." I do tend to ring up and say that a bit, and she's never made me feel bad. Her husband has Bipolar and Hoarding Disorder, so she 'gets it' as much as someone without those conditions can. But we all have a month more with her, anyway. 

Sending you 💚 and good thoughts and wishes @Anastasia ...

Hi @NatureLover 

I'm sorry I have very little in the tank but appreciate your reposonse and will reply properly when I can - sending you love xoxo

Dear @Anastasia , please don't worry about a response. I know the feeling of having only a tiny bit in the tank - it really sucks. That tiny bit needs to go to your boy and your Dad primarily - please don't worry about me, I'm doing OK 🙂

Sending you much 💚 and wishes for physical energy, emotional energy, hope, enough 'me time' to fill up your tank a bit each day, enough time to rest each day/night, strength and love incoming. And that the universe provides what you need, when you need it. 

No reply needed!

@NatureLover 🙏💞

Thank you for visiting, sweet @Anastasia ! Am gladyour son 2's stuff wasn't his. And that you got to visit your boy in hospital. Hoping these 4 days off are doing you good ...sending 💚

Hello my dear friend @NatureLover 

I'm doing ok. My boy has some light back in his eyes and some medication tweaks that make sense. He not due out till end of April as Si still high but we have made progress thank goodness. I'm off work this week and LOVING IT! Oh to be a kept woman lol. Making the most of every minute, gardening, seeing my boy without the stress of lack of time, a massage today, tiding around the house which is sooooo overdue. All things making me happy. I don't miss work a bit. 

What about you? Are you ok? I'm so sorry your manager is leaving, I recall you saying she understands your situation and is very good if you need a day off. What a wonderful soul x

Putting it out to the Universe that the new one has the same ethics and understanding. 🙏

Sending you love and hugs dear NL, you are always in my thoughts 💞

Thank you so much for your beautiful message and news and care and hugs, and for thinking of me and visiting, @Anastasia  Heart

I'm so happy for you that you have the week off and that it's doing you so much good - yay!!! Those things sound great. 🙂 Also for the good news about your boy, although I realise there's a way to go yet.

I'm doing OK thanks, the new manager at work seems good so far. Thanks heaps for your kind wishes to the universe on my behalf for that Heart

I've bitten the bullet and have booked a cafe/pizza restaurant for my 50th birthday party! It's not till September, but I'm planning it now, partly as some of my family will be flying from interstate for it and need to know dates so they can plan what to do in Melbourne while they're here, and partly as my SAD will hit in winter and I probably won't feel up to doing anything. I only have a party once every 10 years, and it's really to celebrate the fact I'm still alive, after nearly dying from asthma more times than I can count, plus 3 suicide attempts before I was 21 (due to an emotionally abusive childhood from my father). I count myself very lucky and grateful to still be alive. 

Hoping you get heaps of stress relief this week, away from work and able to do nurturing things for yourself and catch up on stuff too. 🙂 So happy to hear you are happy to be off work 🙂  Sending lots of 💚

Tagging @Emelia8  for the update. 

Edited to add: I'm helping out on the next Topic Tuesday event on the 13th about OCD, so this will be a good test for me as to the burnout and possibly returning to the forums more often...we will see. 

Hey @NatureLover how is life treating you? I’ve read back a bit on your page and realise I’ve missed you so much my friend.

I really hope work keeps going ok for you with the new manager and you don’t miss the old one too much.

I will try and join the forum next Tuesday as I’m interested in that topic very much. It might be difficult as I’ll be in Sydney visiting my Mum for her birthday.

Well done booking a venue for your 50th and it’s definitely worth celebrating. I went to Hawaii for mine...Hawaii 5 0 and for my next significant birthday gd wants to take me clubbing!!! We’ll see haha!!

Take care my friend 💚🧡💚

Hello @NatureLover 

Just a pop in to say hello. My week off has come to the end. It's been a combination of things, I still have outstanding things to do but overall ticked some boxes. My focus was on rest. I see you are part of topic Tuesday, go you!!!! I don't tend to get involved as I'm pulled in different directions here but if I can I will. Take care my friend ☺️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance