Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Confused wife, paranoid husband

So much better today thanks and my husband has improved hugely.

Thanks for your support! Xx

Hi Lily, re private health.....just check it covers all that you need it for before signing on the dotted line as we went private but for us it was just a lot of money gone and no benefits from it in regards to my partner's hospitalisation so etc but it may be different for you do just check it all out first!! X

Thanks Attuhua,
I have been researching online, you know i tried looking for advice about which fund to go with particularly for psychiatric health, and couldn't find a lot about it. I checked with a couple of funds and read the lists of what is and isn't covered, The one I went with says psychiatric is covered after 2 mths, and they have all the psychiatric hospitals I know of in Perth listed as member choice hospitals, I took out the highest cover with no excess, I prey it will help me if we ever need it.
How are you and your husband doing?
Thanks for your reply xxx.

Hi Lily,

I wrote my own post today and one of the Sane moderators mentioned you had a similar situation to me. I have a husband who is a FIFO worker and he seems to present similar to your husband. We are on the rollercoaster right now and I'm struggling. Can you give me any advice on how to handle this awful situation? I'm really struggling.... I hope you and your husand are doing much better. 🙂

Hi, I know this is a couple of years old but I wanted to ask if there was any hope in your husband’s recovery? When I read your post, tears fell as I truly was reading my life- that is EXACTLY what my husband does. I also have a little girl and I cannot take the abuse anymore. 

My husband firmly believes that all of his accusations are true and will not even come close to seeking treatment. I am left with all of the bills, and as a teacher, I do y make much money, but I still ”make too much” to qualify for any assistance. I’ve lost a car and been evicted twice due to non-payment because I wasn’t unable. My husband lives with his mother but comes to visit on “good days”. But, as you know with paranoia, good days can turn into bad once instantly. This was NEVER the man I married. We had the most perfect life and after a job loss one summer, this started happening. I don’t know what to do or where to turn. My heart is crushed and it takes all I have to get up every day to continue on so that I can provide for my little girl. Please help me. 

@KeepingHope

I have tagged @Lily and 

@BrookeL so they will get a message that you have responded. 

I will tag you in a talk that explains 'loss of insight' 

Sorry.. I see some typos here. I was so upset when I typed it that my eyes were blurry with tears. 

**dont make much money

**i was unable to make the payments

Thank you so much, @Former-Member

Hi, I am in a similar place with regard to PPD and a wife that does not believe that she has a problem. She projects it on me. In a way my wife is not that bad as she functions ok in normal life. However, she has this belief that I am plotting to control her and emotionally abuse her. At first, her aquisations shocked me and I went through a period of deep self investigation. On her demand, I saw a number of psychologists who all confirmed I am well, but indicated she might have PPD and further referred her. She refuses to go and claims I have manipulated the situation and that the psychologists are unable to understand the suppleness of my disorder. She is convinced that I have psychopathic abilities to manipulate and control. No amount of contradictory information can convince her otherwise. In this regard, popular media and books on disorders have done her, or me, any favours. Now I am stuck with no possibility of help. I am trying to cope by avoiding any discussions on the issue as it just leads to escalating arguments. She is very rigid in her thinking an becomes upset when one disagrees with her. When I detect a paranoid episode, I remove myself for a period of time. I will see where this leads me. I would appreciate any other suggestions of coping strategies.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance