Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Coping with lonlieness

That is great @Starshine HeartHeart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Starshine - That's wonderful to read that it went well today. I think it is a good idea how you are weaning into it with increasing hours over time. For me personally, I find at my volunteer work the busier I am the better - as it distracts my mind from any anxiety. Works a treat. And the time passes very quickly. Sounds like this worked for you too. All positive so far my friend 😊

We also have people at our shop who work for the dole. They seem to come and go a lot. 

I think the best part of volunteering is the fact it gets us out of the house. And having purpose. I also like to give back. When I was really bad with anxiety/depression a few years back I remember having to push myself to do these things and leave the house, but it really helped me a lot, not only to overcome the loneliness but also my anxiety. I felt much better and happier for it. The more I stayed at home the more anxious and depressed I became. 

Do you have any other plans for this week?

Brilliant news @Starshine. First day nerves all over and done now. Next shift - you just walk straight in. You are now a fully fledged volunteer. Woo Hoo.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Starshine - how has your week been? How are you going? Thinking of you 😊x

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance