Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Daughter catatonic

Added bonus of no mobile reception lol xx

@Secondone My Mother had Bipolar and my childhood was spent watching my mother overmedicated and bedridden and struggling and in and out is psychiatric hospitals and eventually my father had full custody of my sister &.I. My biggest fear was getting bipolar as I saw how soul destroying it was. I have always taken care of my mental health by meditating and seeking counselling when required. It's my absolute worst nightmare that my eldest 21yr old daughter suffers as a result of a major car accident when she was only 15yrs old. She has been diagnosed with a Traumatic Brain Injury and Borderline Personality disorder. She struggles to be here life is so challenging for her. Self medicating with weed & alcohol only makes matters worse as well as not being persistent with her meds. I am her punching bag (literally). She has left home and has moved into friends which is giving us some respite. Things go really well for a while then BAM! Here we go again. It's so draining mentally and physically.  She pulls the mental health self pity card all of the time. I really do empathise with her suffering but I draw the line when she is not doing things that are within her control like, taking her meds, getting enough rest, eating well, staying off weed & alcohol (or at least commit to working towards quitting). Sorry to hear that you are reliving this nightmare with your child. I hope things take a turn for the better for your family.

I hope you’re ok. It’s damn hard. But knowing someone else out there. Knows how your feeling might help a bit.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance