Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Flower88
Senior Contributor

Going to quit my job

So today I'm going to quit my job, my stress and anxiety have gotten out of control that I need to go on a hunt to find part time work or something more manageable. This job is literally hell and way too much for my mental health. I feel happy and nervous about this decision as I know I'll be out of work with debt but I have savings and enough to tie me over for alittle bit. My mental health comes first and I think I need to go find some peace.
13 REPLIES 13
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Going to quit my job

All the best @Flower88. Sounds like a good decision. I hope everything goes well for you. 🌹
I had to do the same thing years ago, went from fulltime to part time. I coped alot better.
Let me know how you go. 😊
Lucky you have savings. 🌷🌸🌹
Former-Member
Not applicable

I just read your other post @Flower88
"Can't stop crying". I can relate to those symptoms. 😯
I have improved alot over the years though. Just letting you know that there is hope and going from fulltime to part-time work is a good positive step. Chat soon, if you like. 🌹🌻🌼

Hi @Flower88

Wishing you all the best.  Just recently I changed my hours at work from 4 days to 3 and it has made a huge difference.  My mental health is more important than the extra $200.  My hubby wasn't too pleased but it's my health, my wellbeing so I made the decision on my own.

I was worried and anxious about dropping back a day with the loss of income but you gotta do what you gotta do and if it's for the sake of your health - i say do it. You will be okay.

Working full time with a mental illness can be extremely difficult, with emotions running everywhere to tiredness and when you're not physically well either it's time for a change.

Take care and i hope you feel better soon. xxoo

Well done, @Flower88.

Having a job is hugely over-rated. I always hated working, but I did it for 25 years. If I had my way, I would never go back to work. 

Take some time to decide what you really want to do. There is a lot of work out there for those people who really want it. You have to find a job that is a good fit. Part-time work is a great idea.

For years, I managed to get by on working an average of 12 hours per week! I had to buy my clothes at the op-shop and cut spending down to a minimum, but it was well worth it. I had time to myself, which is what I crave. 

My husband and I now own our own (very) small business which allows us to get by.... it's much better than having to work for someone else. Why are most bosses either morons or egotists? I could never work it out. Smiley Frustrated

Thanks all, I have done it and feeling much better, now to figure out what I want to do lol, think I really needed this I feel so much happier
Former-Member
Not applicable

Good on you @Flower88 😀
So good to hear you feel happy about your decision. Something better will turn up. What sort of work are you after, if you don't mind sharing. It's ok if you don't.
I'm going to have to try and sleep now, but looking forward to hearing how you are tomorrow. Nighty night. 😴😊💜

Hi @Former-Member I'll probs go for reception, low key work, as my current job was sooo high pressured I need to take it down a big notch lol
Former-Member
Not applicable

Reception work sounds good @Flower88 😀

I think I'd enjoy reception work in a hotel resort or similar. Let me know how you go.
I bet you feel relieved. Enjoy your, hopefully, restful weekend. 🍰🌷🌸🌹🌻🌼

Hi @Flower88
Congratulations, you making a good desition, your health it's more important, take care and keep strong👍
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance