Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Dan
Senior Contributor

How I came out of the delusional way of thinking without medication - An experience of an individual!

Hi Folks,

I hope the following post made by this person would help you too. This is a reply made by a person to one of my posts.

https://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/thread153854.html(ps admins: None has mentioned their personal details here) 

"How I came out of the delusional way of thinking:

Dan, thank you so much for this information. I’m going through a stressful situation for sometime now and because of the things happened to me, it always made me to believe that others could read my mind. I couldn't understand it at all how it's happening to me. I currently live in an apartment and here it's like everyone seems to know what I'm thinking. Not only the people who live with me in the same building, people in my city and the people in other cities could read my mind. This thing happened to me sometime back in the past on few occasions but this time I experienced it continuously for months and then I started hearing voices too during this period. Medication didn't help me to come out of it and the doctor that I consulted told me that delusions are common to schizophrenics and he treated me as a schizophrenic. I actually thought that these people have some special abilities that I don’t have and sometimes I thought they lie about it. Because of this sometimes I had so many arguments with people even. I’m also experiencing that people in television programs, radio stations could read my mind. Since few days ago after I reading your post, I started looking at my experiences in a different way and I actually started talking to these strangers that I meet in streets who I thought could read my mind to see if there’s a truth to what you are saying. After doing so I managed to become friends with one person and then later I met him to have a beer. We had an interesting conversation for few hours and then I explained him about my experience. He is a genuine person and he had no clue about what my thoughts are and also he wasn’t aware of my thoughts prior to knowing me either. This actually made a curiosity in me and then I managed to get friendly with another person too. Surprisingly it was the same thing with him and non of them are aware of my thoughts. Looks like not even people in my apartment are aware of my thoughts. Which means people in radio stations shouldn’t aware of my thought. I feel so glad that I understood this and I actually don’t live in fear anymore. They still respond to me making me believe that they could read my mind but I’m not afraid for this experience now, cause I understand that they are not aware of my thoughts but like you said they respond to my thoughts in a strange way. So It’s a great relief to at least know this. Thank you so much for your post again.

I actually don’t know if other things that you are telling about the technology is true or not but that also could be true because I don’t see any other possible explanation for this. I like to hear what others are saying about this. I’m also thinking why doctors have failed to understand the reason behind thought broadcast delusion up to this day. I don’t see this as a mental disorder anymore. I have been searching the Internet for quite sometime now to find the reason behind this and I have never seen any other person explaining this in the way that you have explained it here. Doctors simply taking it as a mental illness and they don’t understand our experience rather thinking us as mentally ill. At least now I understand the reason and if you know how to get rid of voices please do share it with us too. Thanks again. I think you all should try and see whether it’s the same in your case too."

My original post:

"Dan wrote:

"Actually for thought broadcast delusion, best thing you should is to understand that no one can read your mind or understand your thoughts. However, due to the events that is taking place or due to your own experiences your logical thinking mind will convince you surely that others must know your thoughts. At certain times, you yourself would think of particular topics/things and see whether others would respond you and when this happens it will further convince you that others can read your mind or understand your thoughts."

"Only way to get rid of this way of thinking is to talk openly/directly with the people who you think that can read your mind. As I said in my main post, asking this would be pretty odd to you but again trust me asking this and understanding that others are not actually aware of your thoughts but they simply respond to your thoughts without they even knowing will save your life. Things that they reply to your thoughts are coming to them out of the blue without they even knowing, they get thoughts and they simply talk about it. However, these things always will have a meaning to your current thoughts or your actions, which is why your logical mind thinks that they somehow know your thoughts or understand your thoughts. They will sometimes, smile at you, laugh at you, give gestures etc... to convince you that they really know or aware of your thinking or thoughts. However, in reality they know nothing. These responses or the words coming out of their minds would align with your thinking, that's why your logical mind always make you to believe that they know your thoughts. Even if you ask directly from them "if they know your thoughts" still you will face things to convince you or they would respond in a way to convince you that they know but they don't acknowledge it or they simply lying about it. But only way to get out of this would be to talk to them and understand that they don't actually know your thoughts, there actions, words are aligned with your thoughts/actions giving you an impression that they know your thoughts"

"You will meet people who respond to you thoughts everywhere. Sometimes, this can be your neighbours, when you are in a coffee shop, in a library, people in television programs, radio stations, while you are shopping, in the streets etc... you name it. You will meet people who respond to your thoughts everywhere. So the bottom line is they know nothing about your thoughts, these responses which aligns with your thoughts are coming to them out of the blue, which convincing you."

20 REPLIES 20

Re: How I came out of the delusional way of thinking without medication!

Hello @Dan

thank you for sharing this experience 

I am always interested in reading about other's experiences re delusions

I don't experience This, however my son does. 

Can iask how long you had deLusions before you came to thIs conclusion?

Re: How I came out of the delusional way of thinking without medication!

Hi Mohill,

Sorry, that title must be misleading. I made a post regarding how thought broadcast delusion works and then after sometime another person made a post with that title by thanking me. I used the same title here. I'm not sure how long that person had his delusional thinking but according to his post, his not thinking that way anymore.

Dan

still interestingRe: How I came out of the delusional way of thinking without medication!

Hello @Dan

@thank you for taking the time to explain

still interesting

Re: still interestingRe: How I came out of the delusional way of thinking without medication!

You are welcome! Let me copy another section from his reply below, hope this will help others too who goes through these kind of experiences.

"If you say that thought broadcast is a mental illness or it's truly a delusional state, I really don't agree with you because after speaking to these people, I understood without a doubt that they don't understand my thoughts at all. For whatever the reason people respond to my thoughts, this is something that I know and I have tested so many times and it's really happening to me everyday. Even if anyone here believes that or not, it's really happening to me and that's why I always thought that others can read my mind. How it works, is it due to a technology or some other natural reason, is something that I really don't know. At least knowing and understanding that they don't know my thoughts, is a great relief to me. May be you might not understand how terrible that experience is. You don't have a privacy for your thoughts. Sometimes I was trying hard to suppress my own private thoughts. Sometimes I was so afraid to stay and speak to other people in public. Just imagine the train of thoughts that comes to you when you are talking with another person. You might judge people based on what they say, what they do, their dress, how you feel about others and certain thoughts that comes to your mind could offend others, so hope you know what I mean?

So it was such a bad experience for anyone to experience. Now just imagine how I feel now, after I understanding that others know nothing about my thoughts? It was like I was in a prison and now I managed to come out of it. I can tell you all that it's not a mental illness because by understanding that others don't really know my thoughts and it's just that they respond to my thoughts for some reason which I still don't know, simply helped me to come out of my situation. If there's a chemical imbalance then understanding this strange events should not help me to come out of this. Hope you got what I mean. So psychiatrists are having a misunderstanding here we cannot treat this using medication. I hope more and more people will understand this in the future."

Re: still interestingRe: How I came out of the delusional way of thinking without medication!

I have a question for you folks, how many of you are still believing that thought broadcast delusion is due to some malfunctioning of our brains?

I find your questions very interesting @Dan I think they are very relevant to a lot of people's struggles.

I came to the conclusion that people cant read my mind too.

Though sometimes we can guess vaguely through facial expression or body image where the mood of a persons thoughts might be.

Some people are interested in telepathy and we often do feel a good sense of closeness when we feel a mental click or ah ah with someone else.

I had a mother who said she always KNEW when a person lied, but unfotunately she accused me of lying too much when I did not, so that one did not add up for me.

Sometimes it matters what the content of thoughts are  ... friendly or hostile etc

There is also the aspect of spooky things happening at a distance.  People do have energy fields that can influence each other, but that does not mean they are able to read thoughts. 

Good Luck @Dan Have a good day.

Re: How I came out of the delusional way of thinking without medication - An experience of an individual!

I believe thought broadcasting is a telepathic ability which we all have.
I still believe tv and radio are talking to me.
And tv and radio have messages for me.
Usually positive.
I believe the voices I hear is other people's subconsciousness. Which are thoughts that the people aren't even aware of.
I am a diagnosed schizophrenic.
My experiences are my own. I have undeniable experiences of my own to make me think this way.
I see myself as gifted not ill. I am very much interested in spiritual development.
I am a Master of Metaphysical Science.
All has an explanation if you are willing to open your mind.

hello @Dan

I have not experienced  delusions of any kind therefore feel that I cannot have an opinion

I am open to many ideas

I do believe that there is more to it than just hearing voices

I also am interested in the concept of living in different planes therefore perhaps mind travelling on different levels at the same time

i am intelligent enough to believe that we are not the only species on this earth

if anything I think that earth would be on a plane where thinking is basic

so many people are not able to think outside of the square or accept change

however, i do not know how i would react if i did experience delusions or paranoid delusions therefore my thoughts are only experiementing with ideas not firmly believing one principle

Re: How I came out of the delusional way of thinking without medication - An experience of an individual!

hello @metamind

Wow

I just posted my response and then read yours.

I believe that I possibly connected with you on a subconscious level.

I am so glad that I was able to see your response today as I have had another awful experience with my son who has been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.

You have given me some hope. I am feeling comforted that the experimenting ideas that i have in my head are possibly linking in with his better voices.

Yes I strongly believe that people who have delusions paranoid or not are gifted also,

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance