Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Bridgetjones
Senior Contributor

Im fed up with life and feel trapped

At the moment I feel trapped in my life and the days are dragging on. I feel very flat and not getting much pleasure out of life. Life feels like being in prison. Stuck in a cycle of depression and lack of motivation. I often wish Id never been born and often think why the hell was I ?? What is my purpose in life?? Will I ever find it?
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Im fed up with life and feel trapped

Hey OP first up you are ok ! you are not alone and you are worth more than you will ever know.

Have you spoken with a GP about your thoughts ? he may be your best starting point to get you feeling the way you should, not if but when you decide to seek it. 

there are numerous lifeline numbers you can call to get you through the terrible times mate, but please trust me when i say there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it leads into a beautiful world where coffee smells fresh and the birds are chirpin away.. You belong down here with us so please talk with someone about your thoughts asap, i have lost too many brothers to MI and i'll do anything not to lose another. 

Hi @Bridgetjones

I'd like to echo @Aussie - you are worthy.

You are worthy of help

You are worthy of living a fulfilling life.

As Aussie asked - are you connected to any supports? I had a read of some of your last posts, but couldn't find any info about whether you're seeking help from anyone.

Hi @Bridgetjones.
Yes you are worthy. And you can feel it better.Do you have any ccoping techniques you use when feeling down? Do you have support people in your life? Are you taking any medication?
It's hard when we go down into a depressive cycle. Our negative self talk increases at this point. And it feeds the depression.
This is why it's so important to get professional help, whether with your gp, a psychologist and / or a psychiatrist.
Things can get better and you are worth fighting for.
We care for you here and would love to know that you are getting support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance