Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

eudemonism
Senior Contributor

Misconduct

How do you report mental health nurses threatening you and then breaking the mental health act on you?
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Misconduct

And a support worker being abusive and displaying aggressive and threatening behaviour?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @eudemonism - sorry for what happened to you. There is a health ombudsman or health complaints commissioner in each state you can contact to make a complaint.

Former-Member
Not applicable

I think i have read @CherryBomb say that you can contact your states mental health ombudsman? but im not sure. Would it also be worth writing to the place where that nurse works and making a complaint locally? 

Sorry to hear that you are in the situation of needing to do so! 

Bast
Senior Contributor

Hi eudonomism

Please hang in there - MH nurses are an interestingly major nutty breed. Please do not hurt yourself or anyone else, just try to find somewhere safe inside to be.

Do not hesitate though - maltreatment is rife in public MH services, I know this.

Please contact

http://www.mhcc.vic.gov.au/

and https://www.imha.vic.gov.au/ - these representatives are pretty extroinary and in the event that you have and IVT order going on - essential to speak with.

Regards

Bast

Hmm. I kind of knew this would be the feed back i get. And its stuff theyve done which is just wrong and inappropriate. And i seem to be the one suffering for it. Makes me angry and want revenge in a way that allows me to get away like they have. 😁
Former-Member
Not applicable

was there something more that you were hoping for @eudemonism ?

Especially when it dont abide bye the mental health act which is a legal binding document

Nah i know what to expect bye this point
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance