Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Sad and stuck

Come matey, Karma bus, we do certain things because of our illness, it's no an excuse but more of an explanation.
The right medication, the right mind set and a few changes can do wonders.
The "it can be that bad" or "just get over it " certainly isn't a help, if only it was that easy. It's taken years to get to this point, how can it be resolved in a day?
You will have some work to do my friend, but you are going in the right direction already, you're doing something about it, private health, asking for help, coming on here, that all says you have a future.
I hope you can look back in a couple of years and say "God, what was I thinking". I know why I was thinking what I was, but still ask myself why.
The big change that some find hard is putting their mental health first, so what if some medication put weight on (unless that's your issue), overweight but still here is better that not being here.

Having people in your life with mental health issues can also be good, don't take on their problems, but at least you can understand each other.

@SadShark
I'm sorry to hear you're feeling low. As for the karma bus - no one deserves to go through what you are - so I hope you don't feel like you 'had it coming'

As @Gavinlee pointed out - you can go to hospital whenever you want and admit yourself. It won't be the private unit, but the public one can get you through - even if it's just for the night.

You mentioned you're on medication, which you're not finding helpful. I'm assuming you have a psychiatrist then, who has prescribed these. Can you connect with them as a matter of urgency to have your medication reviewed?

I guess I have asked some pretty big questions. What matters right now is, what is going to help you get through tonight.

Do you have any strategies or distractions that have helped before?

@Appleblossum Thank you. I do believe those things can happen to us all. If you had said that to me a few years ago I would have laughed at you. That is why I thought maybe I should share my story and it is people like Sadshark that makes me want to help others with this horrible illness.

The only way I have understood many of the popular ways of talking about life and morality and destiny ... is to take a very long term view.

I doubt you have deserved your situation ...

I know not that many people find maths & physics inspiring ... but in many ways it is just a random universe .. luck ... and privilege ... etc ...are just parts of a crazy social world we live in.

Dont internalise your situation in a self blame manner ... I see such beliefs as karma as often a lot of superstition ... a lot depends on a person's uniques circumstances.

take care of YOU @SadShark

Not sure where in the country you are, but I wish I could i could meet for a coffee and chat.<br>I know I'm not allowed to do that.<br>@NikNik is 100% correct, tonight is the important thing, don't be scared, ashamed or anything else about calling an ambulance, I always say public is just a band aid, but if a band aid is what's required for tonight, just call them. P.S ambulance staff are absolutely fantastic and they will always tell you calling them was the right choice

@SadShare hey, how are things today?
I'm so sorry I didn't get a chance to ask yesterday
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance