Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Who deserves to feel

@destructive 

I forgot to tag in my post.  Not so helpful ... silly me.

Can I ask you to find a self soothing activity, or go for a walk or run.   Is it like the stimming that some people need.  You deserve support without going through an action that will harm you.  I hope the doctor you see realises that.

Apple

Thanks @Appleblossom  wish I had be able to. Instead I'm in hospital now 🥲 I'll be ok so long as the let me go

Well that was a horrible night. I don't know what I'm allowed to talk about and not. I am home now and ok physically other than no sleep. I feel so much shame. Seriously our health system has a lot to answer to. Maybe I guess I deserve the base level because it was my fault but I'm sure some things are just good practice. Like not doing a MH assessment with two of the MH team whilst there is also 3 male doctors in the room and the patient is being treated and very exposed. I felt like they didn't actually care anyway they just needed to tick off that I was safe to go home, which I wanted to. Sorry for spewing all this here. I'm not sure what I need now... or any other repocussions 

@destructive 

Hearttulip3.jpg

Sorry it posted before I was ready.

It does sound very invasive.

I do not believe hospitals are the best place to deal with mental health issues.  If they placed good after care in place it would be worth it, but it has not been my experience that they do that.  Hearing you about the ticking boxes problem.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance