Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

another unusual fear based dream

Morning everyone or should I say its nearly afternoon                                              had a strange dream last night keep dreaming of my fears more or less anyway this dream was about visiting a family members house and then other family members showed up whom theres been an emotional rift with ,it was almost like my mind was going back to the past of how those relationships where at a time but arnt now and definetly not good relationships in the dream as it was basically a group of family members whove had a rift and why we where all together at someones house I havnt the fainest idea but anyway despite the mutual feeling of agresion some on one side some on the other we still stayed at the house with eachother till there ended up being agressive words said ,one side to another and each left the house to go in two seperate cars more or less to get away from eachother I was the driver of one car with a few people in my group getting ready to leave and then the agressive side leaving in there car but then the main agressive family member swore and told me off for something saying why did I f#cking damage my car and basically telling other family members you can either choose between this car or that car in other words which side of the family are you siding with and this one same family member was still being agressive like either all of you pick that f#cking family to side with or the other F#cking family member to side with basically an altimatim or ordering people to decide which car to go on before both cars drive off wierd dream,side note the agressive person giving everyone else those orders was left standing alone no one sided with the agressive family it was basically that all of us had to choose how we where getting away whos car to go in but either way whichever car they chose,the agressive family member didnt calm down just kept yelling at everyone to make a choice but the agressive family member didnt end up getting into any care they where left standing alone yelling as everyone drove off from him

3 REPLIES 3

Re: another unusual fear based dream

Hi LostAngel,

Often times when I have had dreams of a similar nature, I reflect on the idea that it is my dream and my thoughts in imagery that are appearing in my mind. So it may be about my concern for any or all of the people involved in the dream, or my perception of what is actually taking place that my dream may be about.

Although, at times, I do have unpleasant dreams, I recently had a very pleasant dream about my family. My parents are no longer alive. Although the dream was about them, unless of course, they are speaking to me from somewhere else that I cannot yet be (which I very much doubt, but who knows?), it must be my mind that is wanting to see a pleasant image of my family.

Fortunately, or otherwise, I am no interpreter of dreams. However, your dream seems to me as though it might be some question to which your mind wants an answer. It may just be a way for your mind to try to make sense of what is happening in your life. Whether the answer is “to see the people in the car that you are driving”, in other words, the position from which you are viewing the issues and the people involved. Or possibly your belief that one person is instigating the division; maybe the person left standing on the road alone.

Those are questions, I think, that only you can answer. Whatever the question might be, I would think that it is your mind trying to reach an answer or solution to that question.

I suggest that you not be concerned about the dream itself. Rather, sit down in a comfortable chair, relax as completely as you can and allow yourself to consider the possibilities and implications that the dream may have for you and your relationships with other people. Remember that the dream is what your mind is offering you. Be kind to yourself and others during this reflection. Notice that I have not mentioned the perceptions of anyone else. No-one else is involved in you having a dream. The dream is your story and only yours.

In no way am I suggesting that this be an opportunity for apportioning blame or any other form of unpleasantness. What I am suggesting is your own quiet reflection on the people and the issues as you see them and how they affect you. It is your dream and I believe it is your mind telling you what you need or want to know about your position.

I hope these ideas may help you to consider your dream in a way that is meaningful for you,

With Best Wishes

HenryX

thank you @HenryX definetly some good advice,I must admit it felt like a devison type dream,with the one left on the road trying to instigate further divisions within family circle,as they where the ones being agressive towards the rest of us in the dream,but I think there is also a part of me that feels sadness,regret for how this person is if that makes sense,despite there agressive nature it seemed they are the one in most need of help about their issues. something like that anyway,thank you for the advice

@LostAngel 

Hi LostAngel,

Yes, that was in my mind also. Sometimes we actually can feel sorry, or rather sad for the aggressive one, particularly when we can see how they are creating their own space, unpleasant though that might be.

Best Wishes,

HenryX

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance