Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

feeling low

hi, lately ive fond that im having trouble controlling my anxiety and the smallest things send me in a spiral ive started taking my meds again to see if it helps and it does abit but not enough for me to function completly without my partner with me and i still dont like taking them  because of side effects but im worried that if i told my dr that they arent helpin greatly hell put me on stronger meds with stronger side effects and i dont want that especailly with a young child. i also find that unless my partner or sister is with me i cant leave the house without freaking out which is hard when ive got to walk my son to daycare and get back on my own on mondays im only just pulling it off without having major attacks. my partner is very supportive but we live with his parents who think im jus dramatising everything. my study is going okish but only cause i focus on what i can do at home but as im near the end of my course im running out of written assessments and will have to go in to do my pracs my partner can come with me but he isnt allowed past reception and ive tried to discuss it with the branch manager a few times but he continues to say that he has to stay in reception area im not sure what to do i want to finish but i need him or my siter to be with me

5 REPLIES 5

Re: feeling low

I hope some of this helps 🙂

Hi @Former-Member I'm sorry to hear you are going through this, I am also going through anxiety. I couldn't handle the side effects of meds so I approached a naturopath and that has helped. Also I have been training myself to take control of my anxiety attacks by listening to affrimations on my phone when walking around or at night, it sounds silly but I have been listening to Christina Aguilera the song fighter and hay has helped my anxiety big time. I now say to my anxiety I own you, you don't own me. The physical symptoms are horrible too I have breathing issues and cronic dizziness. But as annoying as it sounds training your brain after awhile you adapt and learn about your anxiety more and how to control it Smiley Happy

Hope some of this helps, 🙂
Former-Member
Not applicable

hi @Flower88 thanks for replying, i to have songs that do help some of the time but i get put in a lot of situations where im not allowed or cant listen to them. and as for breathing well as a severe asthmatic my favorite saying is for all the things in life to suck i had to suck a breathing and one of the biggest things that works against me when trying to control my anxiety is my asthma as i cant focus on controlling both and since they set each other off its hard to try and take control when one gets worse while you foucusing on the other. can you explain more about the naturopath as i dont know what that is

Hi @Former-Member sounds like we have similar symptoms, Naturopath is a different alternative from seeing a doctor it's more holistic, but that what works for me. Try breathing from your stomach as well. 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance