Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Mee1955
Contributor

intro

Hi all I have Just joined Sane Forum. I have Major Depression, and BPD.18years  ago i was diagnosised and was really ill and out of control I recieved Dialectic Behaviour Theropy and about 6 years ago was discharged from the hospital services. I really struggled with being out in the community without this support. i learnt to use my skills and did well .I have changed and can mostly manage in the community over the last couple of years I have had some major issues in my life like my dad passing away a couple family members having major health problems and last year my last son moved out.Over the  last 6 months i have had some health issues too. Over the last few months I have been really struggling with my thoughts emotions and purpose my self esteme is low and would like some helpful suggestions. Cheers  

2 REPLIES 2
CherryBomb
Senior Contributor

Re: intro

Hi @Mee1955

Welcome the Forums! 

It's pretty amazing to hear that you are living independently in the community. This shows me that you have developed some life and coping skills to do this. Struggling with thoughts and emotions are often indicative of BPD and mood disorders, so it's natural for you to encounter feeling this way. It's great to see that you're and reaching out for support.

I thought I might just mention a few people that you might like to connect with @Phoenix_Rising also has BPD. She might be able to share some tools with you. Also @Lostgirl and @catsloth recently posted here about having BPD. Perhaps they can add some advice here, or you can add to that thread.

Hope to see you around. Smiley Happy

Re: intro

Hi @Mee1955,

Welcome to the forums. Smiley Happy As @CherryBomb mentioned I have BPD. I guess technically I have depression and anxiety too, but I don't feel the need to identify with those additional labels because BPD by definition includes severe emotion dysregulation, which to me means that additional labels pertaining to big feelings like depression and anxiety are moot.

It sounds like you have had a lot going on for you over the past couple of years so it is understandable that you are struggling a bit at the moment. I'm afraid I don't have a lot to offer in the way of helpful suggestions at the moment because I too am struggling. I tend to hang out a lot on a thread titled "Riding a wave". My world became a whole lot darker a few weeks ago when I got dumped by yet another psychologist (a recurring theme in my life). Thus, I am not functioning particularly well at the moment, I am just riding the waves of giant feelings and wondering if they will ever pass. I guess that's the most useful thing I've learnt over the years - fighting the big feelings is as pointless as trying to swim against a strong current. It doesn't get you anywhere and you just end up exhausted. That's why these days, I try to just ride the waves. You are welcome to ride with me @Mee1955 Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance