Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: My big news... I think????

Wow, @Powderfinger , you've done an amazing job. I hope you can enjoy a restful holiday.

@Maggie 

It's been so huge and I have not even been able to include everything else pertaining specifically to this journey of this work/project. A lot of GOOD has come from this Maggie. 

Well, I am not sure how my client is going to be, so I will see on Saturday. I am a bit nervous now. Yes, a few difficult days @Maggie  Today is the yearly anniversary of when I met my ex. It is so hard sitting in the same house as her, right there knowing it is that day and neither of us saying anything about it or anything much at all. Then on top of it, It is the C word. That time of year when happiness has elduded me for so many years and the first year with absolutely no contact with any family at all. So, basically hea Maggie, it's pretty shit and hard days.

I am not relaxing too much today, I am busy finishing these chairs up. Still a bit to do. 

I hope you are hav8ing a good day. xx

@Anastasia 

Hello, Thank you for sharing your pride in me, your beautiful comments that warmed my heart and for digging to depths of your heart. I guess I just don't get time with myself to think that I am an inspiration. I actually do think this sometimes. I think with having the stuffing knocked out of me this year and generally a really really bad here, plus the closing of the year just being absolutely crap, me feeling like absolute crap, just got so tired of everything and anything. I feel into a dark place. I am still there quite a bit, but I have my small moments of happiness. 

It is funny you said this : Not only have you transformed someone's treasures you have also transformed with them.

I cannot share the name of my little casual business due to Sane rules, but this is what is behind my business. It very much relates to what you said, so yes, I can very much agree with the statement. 

The Japanese art of kintsugi teaches that broken objects are not something to hide, but to display with pride. 
Although, I do not mend items using the traditional kintsugi method, I am going to learn the art, as it is something I would like to offer here down the track. For now, I use my other established methods to mend items. I will always be working to improve my services.

Items that have been broken and are sentimental do not have to be thrown out and are most of time able to be mended. By mending broken items, it gives me the chance to use art as therapy and is part of what helps my healing process through difficult and painful times. It is such a personal process to go through. At the end of my journey for each piece, there is myself and the item that have been broken, and put back together with love, care, gentleness, time, and often a lot of patience!

I also feel that there is just too much unnecessary waste. We have become a throw away society, and I don't agree it was and is a good way forward. It needs to be turned around.

When it is reunited with the owner, they can be comforted that their piece has been in good hands and the best job has been done to once again display their item with pride.

Both myself and the item should not be hidden but displayed with its perfect flaws. 

You are quite observant which is a great quality to have. Being the insightful/deep person I am is really hard @myboy. It is also very very lonely. I feel very misunderstood a lot of the time. I crave conversation and company, I really do. I just don't think people like my company too much because I am so different. It doesnt always get responded too well. It is so rare for me to find someone I can actually talk to and that wants to talk to me, Let me be me. If I do find someone like that, I tend to latch on because its so hard to find for me. 

The other very true fact is my heart is very very big. Too big @Anastasia  and yes I am a giver. Its taken me a very long time to learn that I must also guard my heart because not everyone has any interest in looking after it. I am very picky now of who gets my heart. I am very vareful about what I am giving and when I am giving it. I am learning boundaries and learning to say no. I have to do these things. My giving was way overboard and sometimes even innapropriate. I'm learning to start also giving too myself. There is such a thing as unhealthy giving. (Giving way too much) Giving and giving again when youve been burnt so many times by one person, knowing they are going to do it again. Its a big learning curve for me. 

I will be definitely hsarring them here @Anastasia  

Much love to you. Heart HeartHeartHeart xxxx

IMG20201225042957.jpg

IMG20201224104942.jpg

@Maggie @Anastasia @SJT63 @Gwynn 

A quick update and a BIGGER update later this evening. I got to bed at 5 am as I had difficulties to sort out putting the chairs back together. As you can see they are both now back together and drying. 

I left out the seating as a surprise for later. The padding has been applied to the seating and today I am doing the upholstery and final touch/ups and cleaning other chairs. The great finale of pictures later this evening. 

I went to the chemist yesterday and bought strapping for my left foot. I've been in a lot of pain. I have not injured it in any way. There is no wound but a fair bit of pain. 

I tried to get an on call doctor to come out but no luck for me. Tomorrow Saturday, I am going to go to emergency at the hospital and get them to take a look at my foot. Maybe also get them to strap it. I cannot wait till a doctor is available. 

Today my foot is not strapped but I wish it was. It hurts. 

I'm very happy the chairs are being picked up tomorrow. I have a lot more news but no time right now. I will share more later. I have only had four hours sleep but I need to get going. 

Love to you all my friends. You are in my thoughts. Xxxx

The chairs are not being picked up today. I delayed them being picked up. I'm having a few issues with the upholstery. It was 1am and I was still going. I was so beyond tired that I just couldn't stay awake. 

I've contacted the client and she is fine to wait. A bit disappointed. 

You've got this @Powderfinger xx

@Anastasia 

Thank you for your encouragement. Today, I have not got this. In a bit of a spiral. I'll write more on this when I can. Trying to process things. Thinking of you @Anastasia xx

Go easy on yourself hun. You do have this, just not today, and that's ok. 

Love and hugs @Powderfinger 

@Anastasia 

I will.try. I can't even live with myself today. Meaning it's even unbearable for me to be around me. 

X

Gentle hugs xxx

@Powderfinger 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance