Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: The SANE kitchen

My sister has been making these really yummy homemade pizzas recently. I buy the ingredients, she makes them. 

So it's Greek souvlaki bread for bases, then chicken, bacon, spinach, and any other leftovers in the fridge. 

What do you like on your pizzas? (btw, I totally dislike pizza, so for me to day these ones are good, it means they are REALLY good) lol 

@ArraDreaming @Oaktree @Birdofparadise8 @Appleblossom @SmilingGecko 

I used to load my pizzas up with everything but now I’m really happy with a few simple decent ingredients, good basil and tomato paste (home made preferably) some sort of sliced meat like prosciutto and good cheese, maybe some mushrooms or spinach on top @tyme

Nice! Yes! I had mushroom too. Yum @ArraDreaming 

Have you every had dessert pizza? I love ricotta, passionfruit, pistachio nuts... 

I also like nutella, strawberry and banana pizza..

Hi @tyme @ArraDreaming @Appleblossom @Birdofparadise8 @SmilingGecko 

I have to really be in the mood for pizza but I agree homemade is best. I like fruit on pizza like pineapple or canned peach slices

@Oaktree @ArraDreaming @tyme @Birdofparadise8 @Appleblossom @Dimity @Shaz51 

Here is a pizza I may be able to eat with diabetes. Theres no gluten, fat or dairy and has a few light toppings. The potato mash is pressed in a waffle iron and then mushrooms, peppers and tomato paste are put on top. Its a bit of a departure from a traditional pizza. Have heard diabetics can eat potatoes however its the fat that you add to potatoes like sour cream etc that causes blood sugar to spike in combination with the potato, not the potato on its own. Potatoes on their own are ok

https://www.medicalmedium.com/blog/pizza-potato-waffle.

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 8.21.29 pm.png

Nice @SmilingGecko @Oaktree !

Gluten free bases are good. Why should you miss out on pizza!

@Oaktree I also like the sound of peach slices on pizza. What do you have it with? Surely not tomato paste? Or is it?

Very interesting @SmilingGecko , @tyme , @Oaktree 

As pizza and garlic bread 🍕 always puts my sugar levels up 

Thanks @tyme I don't know the last time I actually ate a pizza. But will give this waffle potato "pizza" a try! I put it here for folks with diabetes. @Shaz51 its the bread and the fats from the butter that make garlic bread a nightmare. Same with pizza with all the cheese and fatty meats! 

Yes @tyme  I still use a tomato base when I add peach slices

Crispy chicken for dinner tonight (starting cutting up before I got a photo) 

served with sweet potato chips and then coleslaw for the adults 

Cornflake crumb with various herbs and spices 

IMG_6692.jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance