Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Dissociative Identity Disorder Carers?

Checking in to see how things are getting on @Smc

No new news at the moment @Former-Member. Which is good, because it means we're getting a little bit of "respite" time.

And our Older Son, while his sister is away, is actually doing some cooking for himself instead of living off wraps! Yay!

He's not bad at cooking, but she's better at it than him, so he doesn't see much point in doing it when she's at home. But if he can get up his confidence in just a couple of recipes, he may be able to opt to take over dinner duty occasionally.

sooo your older son is cooking dinner tonight @Smc Heart

No idea whether he's done himself a cooked dinner tonight @Shaz51, but he did make up pastry and filling for pasties. The pastry was a bit too inclined to crack, so he put the filling into ramekins with a pastry lid instead, which is a good adaptation.

Did the trip down today for lunch with Older Daughter. She'd been missing us. 🙂 She's getting discharged next week, probably Wednesday. I'm not sure they've made a lot of progress on the nightmares, but she's still tellling us (especially me) things that she's not teling the nurses or psychologists, so they're working with somewhat less than full information. Am encouraging her to talk to them, but that will only happen in her time.

Really really tired now. Bed looks good.

@Smc  darling used to do that... not tell drs and nurses how she was really feeling incase they would not let her go home 😔

Glad to hear travel went well and trust you can get some good rest tonight and discharge if it happens next week goes smoothly. 

@Determined, it's feelings and other things too. Some of it would be really good for them to know, but I'd be disinclined to go to them myself unless I thought she might be in danger. Hard call, that.

How are things going @Smc?

Hi @Former-Member. Daughter called us yesterday. It seems that the medication changes may be helping with the nightmares, but she's feeling dizzy as a side effect. She's had a discharge date set for this coming Wednesday, but is wondering if she should stay in a little longer to try to sort the dizziniess too. We'll find out Tuesday what's happening. She's missing home, so it's hard to say what would be best.

thinking of you @Smc Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance