Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

bluefix
New Contributor

Depression...sneaking up on me

Hi, its my first time here. I've been in bed since Saturday. Before that I was getting up every day and doing something with my day. Today I stayed in bed...trying to be still and quiet. ..hoping for sleep. My counsellor said when you try to force something ( sleep ) it never works. I have been seeing a pyschologist and making headway. I think going to Adult Children of Alcoholics & Dysfunctional families on Friday night is what has set me off this time. Thanks for letting me share. I need to learn how to express my emotions felt overwhelmed today.
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Depression...sneaking up on me

@bluefix

Sometimes I lie in bed and am very still.  Sometimes it is what I actually need.  Maybe to allow my mind to catch up with a few busy days.

Yes and all the endless nights of struggle with sleep. 

Being kind to ourselves is so important and to know when to pull ourselves up without going too hard.

This forum has many wonderful people.

Take care

Re: Depression...sneaking up on me

Good on you for taking the step of going to ACOAL&DF - that is sure to have brought up memories and feelings. Nothing wrong with taking time to recharge.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance