Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

redheaded
Senior Contributor

Family issues

My mum pretty much forced a meeting with her. I hate it. She doesn't accept me, refuses to call me by name, says I don't exist, etc but then has the audacity to say 'I love and I care about you'. F you, just no. <br><br>Just because you perhaps feel guilty because I have mental health issues doesn't mean you can be part of my life.<br><br>But then I agreed to catch up with her. It's my fault
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Family issues

Hi @redheaded its not your fault for wanting to belong, just a basic human need. Sounds like your mum has some issues she needs to work through. I hope when you both catch up it has some positives.

@redheaded - family dynamics are hard for a lot of people. Add in mental health & it gets harder.
Try and look after yourself first. Of course you wanted to catch up with your mum and hope that she treats you with respect. I'm sorry that didn't happen.

@redheaded sounds like it was a pretty tough day for you and that there may be a difficult history with your mum. i hope that you know you are accepted here, and that you do exist and are important in this world. i think your honesty on this forum is amazing and you obviously have a lot of courage.

hope you are able to get some sleep tonight. I know sleep always helps my mind reset.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance