Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

neil
Contributor

I can not imagine stuff in my mind

I have trouble imagining object in my mind.

when picture a cat or dog or person, it immediately flade into darkness.

i remember before illness i had good imagine skill and i remember oject very good.

is there any way to get it back? who do i see?

has this happen to you?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I can not imagine stuff in my mind

Hey @neil.
I've never been good at having visual mental images, so I'm not sure how to improve the skill. Perhaps you could start by getting a physical image of the object and consciously noticing its features, then looking away and trying to keep visualising the various features that you'd noticed. Is that something you could try?

I think it is a very important point. @neil

I am not a strongly visual person and have to work at it.  SOmetimes in a meditation I do visualise things or places or people to help settle and calm me down.

There is also a similar thing in the audible sense.  It is a fairly new concept called audiation, but it is about imagining sound and music. It is a skill that can be practised and I often deliberately do that.

nice idea TheVorticon. i have try that before, the image flades after few seconds. however i think i have try many time. practice daily.

Appleblossom, do recall the memory of sound, rather than imagine sound and music. ?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance