Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Techunique
Senior Contributor

I'm in a very bad way.

I had to drive half an hour from my mother's house (a thousand literal miles from my hometown) to visit a group home I have no choice but to move myself into. I let my mom drag me away from every single thing that comforts me on this planet and now I haven't spoken to anyone outside my familyfor over two months. tonight I can't stop thinking the same three thoughts one after the other. It's been over twelve hours since then and I've had four muscle tics going along with those three thoughts the whole time. I tried screeaming it out a few minutes ago and not only did it not work but now the other tenants in my head are laughing loudly. I know that my family would be sad to see me go so I am sticking around, I would give anything in the universe just to have some peace, I'm so tired of pretending to be hopeful when my family talk about ways I might get a little better. A little better isn't worth a gallon of spit to me. My psychologist thinks I have a wrong diagnosis and have taken ten years of damaging medication, but doesn't want me to stop medicating until we are sure. If anything could make me want to be medicated less they've finally found it. I can't live by myself, I can't live with family I'm a thousand miles from the place where I was homeless but now I'm in an environment that has different dangers than where I was and I can't safely just sleep on the streets here. Now I have to submit myself to the care of others, the single most abhorrent idea to me there ever has been. Once I move into this forced situation I will be under twenty four hour a day supervision, with a bedtime, like I'm a child again. They also will not let me cook for three months and cooking is just about the only thing I do like. I'm so tired of waiting for everyone to sleep so I can cry for hours, almost as tired as I am of no one ever talking to me about anything except my worthless brain. There is no part of the person I remember being left, except a horrible sense of guilt when I think about myself, or my family or my desire to not be here anymore. I'm lost in the dark and every step forward turns out to be a step back. I can't help but think I'm already in hell. I can't even look at myself in the mirror without becoming so terrified or livid or both that the strength of the feeling shocks and benumbs me. When I look in the mirror I see Evil, sometimes I can't look away. How can I continue this? what choice do I have but continuance? 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I'm in a very bad way.

I like your name @Techunique

Sometimes I am down on myself and forget my positive qualities too.

I have strong feelings about being homeless and sleeping on the streets.

I hope you can continue and own your life more.  Mothers often find boundaries difficult and that sounds possible in your case.

YOU have a RIGHT to define your values and your life path.

Our paths sometinmes twist and turn.

Take care

Hi @Techunique,

Your situation sounds awful and I am really sorry to hear you are going through all of this. I can't imagine how horrible it must feel to be moving into a group home when you really don't want to. It is also awful to hear that your psychologist thinks you may have been over-medicated for the past ten years. I am sure that happens far too often in psychiatry! Smiley Mad I wish I had something actually helpful to say, but I'm afraid I don't. I hope it helps a tiny bit to talk it out here in Forum Land.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Techunique

This sounds really hard, scary and demoralising in so many ways. Seems as though you are feeling forced into an option that you arent sure about... i really hope that things do work out better than they seem at the moment for you because we all do deserve to have a life of our own choosing and happiness but am glad to hear that you are sticking around. And also glad that you are able to post here on the forums, I hope that it helps a little. Here listening and caring!

@Techunique. Thinking of you and the situation you now find yourself in. I'm hoping things may go smoother for you soon.
Is there anyway you can negotiate with the group home - maybe with a letter from your psychiatrist to help you - to allow you into the kitchen to cook. It sounds like that will bring some 'normality' & joy to your life.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance