Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Mental health support group outings are causing internal issues

@jem80 

The pride thing is also very vague, all I know is that I am as modest/humble as I can possibly be, and if I deviate from that modesty/humbleness I get conflicted about my behaviour/s. It feels similar to how interacting with people feels/is immoral/unhealthy. 

I got drunk one night and I thought about what may be causing this issue and pride specifically came up, but I don't know why tbh. 

But the modesty/humbleness behaviour has been there since I was very little. 

Re: Mental health support group outings are causing internal issues

Hi @skyburial 

As someone who's lived with disordered thinking for over 20 years, I think it's really important you talk about what you think about your peers with your Dr, if you're drugs aren't on a maintenance phase, or a psychologist with some expertise in Schizophrenia/psychosis who can help you learn more about challenging your concerns and helping your find other ways of viewing your friends, of providing social skills training to learn how to strengthen the relationships you have there so that you can get more enjoyment and pleasure in the company of the people who attend the group.

I always feel it's important to try to mix with people with no mental health problems in recovery - and talk about how to build on successes had there with your therapist. Anyways, best of luck to you - you've been thru a major ordeal, Schizophrenia is full-on, and I admire you for getting your feet dirty!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance