Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Dark_Olena
Senior Contributor

Please advise me.. my conscience and adrenal fatigue

Hi, 

I'm really concerned about my wellbeing and how I feel physically. I know alot of this arises because of my reaction to my environment and the people in it. 

I was sent a financial report showing remaining balance from a disability funding I was granted for my daughter to learn 'Social Skills' from a woman who I kind of know because of the autism spectrum and our now adult children. January this year I had a balance of $410 and I calculated it to 8 further sessions before end of financial year 2017. We got to complete 4 sessions at $50 each so thats $200. So the funding balance is empty, and I said to social skill woman, I was not particularly motivated anymore because of all the driving I was doing and primarily my daughter has barely improved socially, so the course was doing very little benefit.

So I really want to know where $135 has been spent,(I'm yet to bring this up)

She said she would take one session and use that for petrol expense and  she only drove my daughter home 2 of the 4 sessions and we dont live miles from town $15 would have been ample to take her home 2 times.

Part of me says, if you bring this up, it might ruin my daughters only social outing, pizza and board games one Saturday night per month ( Social Skills woman runs this night) and my daughter enjoys this.

Do I let this one go and just be wary and continue with the social Saturday once a month.

We were approved for the NDIS plan and now I know what to look for. It wouldnt surprise me how many providers would write invoices for services not made, especially if there was a funding grant.

What do I do, what would you do? Please advise me. I'm feeling ill over this. Its quiete dispicable really.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Please advise me.. my conscience and adrenal fatigue

Hi @Dark_Olena

I am Arie one of the moderators on the forum. From your post there appears to be two points of concern, both of which are related. The first is in responding to the miss match between service provision and funding and the second relates to how you are coping or managing current stressors.

If we concider the first concern, I'm wondering if requesting an itemised account as a means of familiarising yourself with the self govened approach of NDIS is something you would be comfortable with. This may be less confronting and may work to maintin relations for your daughter to contact going to group on a Saturday.

In considering the how you are managing and coping with stressors when it becomes overwhelming, what is it that you have found helpful to reduce stress? Others have found a range of things including relaxation techniques, mindful activities (mediation, colouring, drawing), organising activities (puzzles), light exercise. 

Re: Please advise me.. my conscience and adrenal fatigue

Hi @Dark_Olena,

How are things? I'm wondering if you approached the social skill worker about the discrepancy?

@Former-Member pointed out, asking for an itemised invoice of the service is perfectly reasonable. It's not ok, that you're not getting what this funding was meant to be for.

CherryBomb

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance