Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Sundays

So much for a ‘restful’ weekend 

AliL
Casual Contributor

My boss is really good, as is the senior manager. I work at a small business in a small town, so they want to keep me working there. Plus I'm friends with a lot of the customers we get, so I don't think they'd get away with screwing me over because of my mental health. Apart from one duty manager, everyone I work with is very supportive. It doesn't make my anxiety any less, but I know if I have a freak out at work I won't be penalised for it. 

@AliL @I’m glad they’re supportive. I get it. My anxiety is there regardless of other people and their kindness. But I’m grateful just the same 

AliL
Casual Contributor

That's one of the hardest things to explain to people, that me being anxious is not their fault or responsibility.

I had a really bad episode last week, where I couldn't reach out to one of my most important support people because she was having tech-free time. I was updating her when she came back on what had happened, and she was asking what triggered it. I couldn't find a way to explain that not being able to reach her (at least, not without making myself feel worse) that wouldn't make it seem like I blamed her for it.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance