Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Neelix
Senior Contributor

Weird dreams

I was walking with a group of people waiting for an art workshop to begin. I lost my bag. I was walking then the scene turned to a group of children watching a cartoon and I was going down stairs to exit. I lost one shoe so I took the other off and looked for the exit. Next minute I was parked in my car on a roadway and this car had opened their passenger door and drove close to my car scratching it. I got out and there was a car parked there with 2 males taking off my tyre. A guy came from somewhere patted my hand and said 'are you okay' then he joined the 2 males and was helping them take my car tyres. A woman (dont know where she came from) stood by me (got the feeling she was 'keeping' an eye on me) and I said I wanted to pee. She took me to the loo. There was a lady there taking money for people to go to the loo. I said can you ring the police. I went to pee and there were potties on a highchair stand. I left to get help and I was in a big park with exhibitions. Soooo weird I woke, got out of bed and I saw all these dead fish on the bedroom floor.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Weird dreams

Ya @Neelix

I have a lot of bad dreams so I was tempted to buy the North American Indian dreamcatcher with feathers on it, but I was told the North American Indians believe in other spirits visiting, so it goes against my Christian beliefs.

But I bought a dreamcatcher years ago, and it seemed to work, I wasn't getting any bad dreams.   

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Neelix - that does sound like a strange dream! Hope that you are ok and not too worried by it? I have nightmares most nights (hehe every night that i sleep...). so can imgaine that would be disconcerting?
take care

Hi @Former-Member yeah it was like a nightmare in the end. I've not woken up, got up and saw something in the room that wasn't there so I was half asleep. Can I ask? how you manage your weird dreams?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Neelix im not sure that i manage my nightmares well... they're about real events from my past and they are terrifying. i tend to wake up frozen and too scared to move for a while. i get sore and stiff because my whole body is locked in position so tight. i try to do grounding stuff and sometimes when i can move again i put on some music.
Do you have strange dreams very often @Neelix ?

Hi.  I have had night terrors, sleep paralysis and hypnopompic hallucinations (visual, tactile, auditory, or other sensory events, usually brief but occasionally prolonged, that occur at the transition from wakefulness to sleep (hypnagogic) or from sleep to wakefulness (hypnopompic)).  They are terrifying and i havent found a way to stop them completely but i have found that they are not as frequent if I'm less stressed.  Yoga, hypotherapy  and mindfullness help, and after having one, reminding myself it was just a dream.  I will admit sometimes I drink before bed as it can work short-term.  When it happened more frequently i kept a dream journal and that was interesting - recurring themes and tropes were obvious too.

yeah I do @Former-Member...my dreams are weird and vivid. Oh? that sounds scary for you..yeah I try to ground in my dream but I seem to have no power or something....or? sometimes I have 'colours' and they feel angry...red, black,...its awful
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance