Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

bubble88
New Contributor

When it rains it pours

Hi...I'm new here and kinda need to vent...

Basically, I had a beautiful little girl 4.5 months ago, and about a week or so after she was born I had thyroid issues which has now led me to have had 2 separate surgeries to remove the thyroid due to them finding 2 cancer cells on one side. One cancer they found happens to be rare and I am now required to go and have radioactive iodine treatment in 3 weeks time. This involves me being in an isolated hospital room for 4 days and then staying away from my baby for 10 nights unable to touch/carry her.

My husband and I were meant to go out this weekend and were organising family to look after our daughter. He came home and said that his family are preparing to have her sleep over, and that is when I lost it...I felt like nothing was discussed with me about sleeping over etc., and just had a major breakdown...We have talked it out and I have been crying a lot but I think I might need some help. 

Usually we talk about everything and I think we just had some mis communications, but I am honestly not sure why/how I lost it so bad...

Thanks...

3 REPLIES 3

Re: When it rains it pours

@bubble88

Your journey since giving birth would overwhelm most people.  You might be sensitive and insecure about attaching to bub.  I hope your people are genuinely looking out for you, there is nothing to worry about and they understand and are simply being supportive.

Smiley Happy

No words, just hugs and light xx

Hello @bubble88

A very warm welcome to the forums, it is nice to meet you 🙂

I am so sorry to hear about everything that has been happening for you, I cannot imagine how extremely tough that would all be, having a litttle girl and then having health issues which prevent you from being with her.

It does seem like a lot of this has been out of your control and then to have your husband make plans about your daughter without your awareness would seem like another thing to have little control over, so I can see how you lost it.

I hope you have some support for all of this outside of family, like a counsellor or psychologist? It is realy helpful you are reaching out on the forums for some support, good work.

You might like to also Introduce Yourself Here, it can be a nice way of connecting with other members on the forums. I look forward to getting to know you better,

Lunar

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance