Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: why can't I cope longer?

We made it to the W'end. Think I'm gonna stay in bed all day tomorrow.
I'm a bit flat.
My B'day Visitor went home today, came for my birthday but gave me no gift, or help with the dishes, I paid for everything (accept the bottle of cheap wine), and I was shut down if I talked about any of the problems I'm having with family (who they know). And out of the 7day business trip here i get 2days. Not sure if it's just me being negative but I just feel so sad and not sure why. Maybe it's the goodbye thing, feeling lonely & unimportant to anyone. Maybe used. Cooked up a big backed lamb roast for my birthday yesterday (dishes still not done).
Asked for help to tether my phone - no go.
Asked for help to empty sauspan cupboard as it's hard on my knees to bend down there - got a dirty look.
- no offers to do dishes...
Taxi'd them all over the countryside though, at my expense.
I don't know, do I expect too much?
Having a cry here..

I don't think you asked for too much at all @Former-Member - your guest doesn't sound like they were very nice at all. Helping just a little and contributing to what you did together seems like a really small thing to ask. Doesn't sound like a very good freind to me Hon - I am not surprised you feel the way you do - not a nice visit at all Smiley Sad

Former-Member
Not applicable

Aww, thanks Zoe7, hoping its not all me (black dog), also, none of my earth family remembered my birthday (Thurs). Mum use to remind them before she died. My x5 living siblings seem so lost / scattered since losing here - out of touch, MI hasn't helped. Anyway, now visitor & B'day over - I can get on with my van. But not today.. rainy winter out today - reading a good book in bed, Another much needed self care / PJ DOONA DAY here. Reading a good book.
Had a Cleaning Product home party but... not up to it. Whatcha doing this w'end?
Aww, beautiful GG dog just realised I'm awake & jumped up for pat... in my face... so cute...

No it is definitely not all you @Former-Member I don't think your visitor's behaviour was at all acceptable - grr! Aren't our fur babies wonderful - they give us so much love and help us to keep love in our hearts Heart

I am having much the same day - jammies and snuggle on the couch under the doona with Toby spread out next to me. A little housework to do over the weekend, some paperwork for work and footy watching - but not pushing it today - resting s much as I can.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh good, We're Kindred spirits today then Zoe7, a calm, sense of 'normal' has come over me reading your post, thank you.

Some days we just need to take care of ourselves and have no expectations of the day @Former-Member Smiley Happy I find those are often the days when I feel most at ease also - maybe that it because there is no pressure to do anything and maybe that is because rest days are also good self-care - either way it is good to do nothing some days Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Zoe7, have you ever taken part in Hobart's "Festival Of Voices" ? Is it worth going to? Sounds amazing! I'm thinking of going a few years now - But how cold is it? Wonder if @Appleblossom has been to this?
Just being launched online, tickets on sale... Where's the best place to stay down there?

No not a singer at all - me singing would set all the dogs in the neighbourhood off in full voice lol @Former-Member I don't know much about The Festival of Voices - not something that I have ever been to so can't offer any advice there.

There are so many places you could stay but it depends on whether you like a city, bush or beach view. The East Coast has some amazing beaches and Strahan in the west is untamed natural forest and waterways - definitely a place to see if you like the natural environment. It is starting to get much colder here - especially at night so whilst it is still a good time to come to Tassie you will need to pack warm clothes.

@Former-Member I know a few people who have been and say it is wonderful.  I have not made it yet, though maybe one day.  I am staying closer to home for a while, saving money and keeping home fires burning bright expecting first grandchild.

There are different types of music festivals and workshops all over the place, in the regions and the cities. A lot of them quite affordable.  There is a Melbourne International Festival in June which I have been to which is great.  Run by the Choir of Hard Knocks guy. I have gradually found out about them by talking and looking online and getting newsletters.There is Canberra folk festival, Castlemaine Jazz festival, Wangaratta Blues festival, Albury Wododga has a festival etc etc.  There must be some in the state you are in, though travel might be needed. It might take a while before I get around to it ... but I am actually looking forward to a fantastic year with good things planned every month.  It has taken a long while to be able to afford it, but I just stretch my budget slightly a little to give myself rewards, but live within my means generally and keep it simple.

Heart

I dont believe @Zoe7  re singing ... so we can have a big argy bargy bout that.

Smiley Tongue

We will have to agree to disagree about the singing then @Appleblossom Smiley TongueHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance