Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Is it okay to ignore Christmas? // 13 Dec. 7pm AEDT

Hello @Former-Member xx

A good book and a nice rest sound good to me @Bimby2 🙂

Yay for you, @YogaBear! I hope you have a great time 😄

I feel the same @BossandSqueezy, they are all difficult times. How do you get through them, and how do you explain to others that it should be 'quiet time'? I'd appreciate some tips if you have any. Thank you.

This is making me think about balance....as in, where has it gone?  It seems we all give in to needs of others when it comes to Christmas.  Do you think there a middle path between complete (heavenly) abstinence and the full tinsel-infused she-bang?  Are our loved ones making compromises for us or are we doing all the compromising?  Anyone got that balance right?

Hi @Shaz51, what's your position on Christmas?  Love it, tolerate it or loathe it?

I don't hate Christmas.  In my case it's more that I've not been invited to share my very small family's Christmas. The reasons are many, but I feel rejected, so I guess I was looking to this forum to find some way to cope with the day spent by myself. I found the blog post very helpful. 

You too! 🙂

Thank you for that great advice @greenspace - I think my partner and I have come to an unsteady truce and there's an understanding from him that I'm not interested in being forced into things. I think the more he learns about supporting people with depression, the less guilt he'll throw my way, and that will enable me to be able to do the forced xmases without as much anger and sadness as before. Rotation is a great idea, I will chat to him about it, thank you.

Hello everyone

I am a wife , my hubby has Mi

we are making it very quiet event , I used to do cards and the tree and everything when the kids were young but not now , it is too stressful for hubby

he can only cope with a little bit socializing and for our children away and his father died this year , he feels like hiding

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance