Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Welcome & getting started

GeroMom1
New Contributor

Feeling unsure

Hi all new to the group anyone have any kids with multiple disabilities interested to know what your lives are like so I don't feel crazy 😜 have 1 son with autism sensory disorder and adhd the other son just been diagnosed with mild autism delayed communication feeling bit overwhelmed..

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Feeling unsure

@GeroMom1  Hi GeroMom1 I have one son2 with autism, epilepsy, mild intellectual delay and schizophrenia and a daughter with major depression and autism.  Another son with mild depression.  Welcome to the forums :)xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

I dont have any children with disabilities but a good mate of mine has a son with aspergers and he comes over and loves tinkering in my shed.

hes a good kid and hes relaxed when there is no expectations put on him .i give him a job to do and if he never finishes it doesnt matter hes really only there for the company.

Not sure what to tell you but there are plenty of people out there willing to help at least where i live there is a great amount of support for these kids and adults 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @GeroMom1,

Our boy has HF autism, learning disability, skin issues, asthma, digestive issues that causes constipation like 24/7 and is going to be tested for auto immune issues as he is constantly sick he catches things so easily.

We totally understand being overwhelmed, especially when you have your own mental health disabilities/issues. We have anxiety, depression, social anxiety, CPTSD, panic disorder and DID.

Crazy is our house basically but crazy doesn't have to be a bad thing. Just gotta work out how to use crazy to get you through the day.

Happy to chat when ever you feel like it.

Welcome to the forums.

(Sapphire and Chloe γ€Šco-fronting》)

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance