Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Maritza
Casual Contributor

Hello

Hi my name is Maritza, i have suffered with the condition of AOD in my teenager years, although i have just been diagnosed with Bipolar....Mania.....i guess really difficult for me to digest this info, because I work as a Mental Health support working supporting peoples with similar conditions,...does anyone else suffer from this condition, and what other advice on self care and rehabilitaion, thankyou. 

8 REPLIES 8
greenpea
Senior Contributor

Re: Hello

@Maritza  Hi Maritza you might like to have a look at this thread Topic Tuesday // Let's Talk About Bipolar // Tues 23rd March, 7:00-8:30PM AEDT  it was a very interesting talk. greenpeax

Hello and welcome @Maritza 

@greenpea  and I have tagged you to Let`s talk about Bipolar 

Maritza
Casual Contributor

Hi Shaz, thanks for your chat, I am really struggling atm, i believe i have been wired and hyped up for a long time, now these meds are causing symptoms of shakiness, and slight depression, but my family say to hang in there with these meds...i am hoping this is going to work, because i have to be compos mentis......before i start work....lots of hugs.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Maritza those sound like some really unpleasant things to be dealing with Heart Sending lots of support to you Smiley Happy

Hopefully the meds work out, but I'm sure you'll have a gut feeling if the side-effects become too much & if something might need to change 💞

when did you start the meds @Maritza , they do take time to work my friend and we are here for you 

@Former-Member, @greenpea 

greenpea
Senior Contributor

@Maritza  i have shakey hands ot is very impoitant your psychiatrist knows aboit this side effect

Maritza
Casual Contributor

Hello Girasole, i know w=good advice..my family think incorrect diagnose and suggest second opinion, but i know i have majority symptoms of mania, so will take one day at a time, thanks for support. 

Maritza
Casual Contributor

hi Shaz started meds 3 days ago, so i guess not long enough, so i am going to take one day at a time...old 12 step program, thks for support.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance