Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: I need to stop drinking

Hey @Micky_f 

Good to see you hear and you seem to have taken some victories already.  Good on ya!

How do you organise yourself mate? Just reading about your saying you have a heavy burden and stuff to do but when you think about it, it feels overwhelming...

Can you shed some light on what it is that you feel overwhelmed with?  Do you know how to do it all but just need some help?  Do you need someone to help you plan it out, make it a list of 1 to 10 so you know where to start and what's most important to be done first? 

What time are you going to bed and what time are you getting out of bed in the morning?  Are you making time for yourself to get some of this stuff done?  

Lots of questions but yeah, sounds like not doing the stuff you feel is important is whats getting you drinking. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Micky_f, I just wanted to wish you the best in your recovery journey Heart It's certainly not easy but that's doesn't mean that it's not possible. I have full faith that with your conviction, support from others (including peers on the forums), and professional supports- you can get there Smiley Happy

I just wanted to flag with you that there's an online event happening on the forums on Tuesday 27th April about addiction, mental health, and recovery that you might like to tune into, or otherwise catch up on after 😊

Hi friend, I too need to give the alcohol a rest, after this bottle I said that before. I don't get any effect from 2 litres of wine or 1 litre of vodka so it's getting out of control, mate we may need the pills to help us stop, tried them years ago actually found myself emptying my beer down the sink I couldn't believe it I was off beer. Anyway I need to stop or it will hurt me mate..take care.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance