Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Historylover
Senior Contributor

@Maggie

Dear @Maggie - a number of us have been wondering how you are as we haven't seen you about for a while.  Please tell us how you are.  You're very special to us.  We send you our love and best wishes.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: @Maggie

@Historylover ...last I heard (mid-March) was that Maggie wasn't doing well after finding out a member of her family had passed away. She stepped down from her position as Community Guide, was going to take an indefinite break from the forums, and had switched off her notifications. 

I really miss her every day. 

Thankyou for this clarification @NatureLover.  @Maggie is a true gem.  She was the first person to respond to my first cry for help, and her help was heart-felt and heart-warming.  I miss her too as I'm sure everyone else does.  She is much loved.  I hope she returns if she finds it could benefit her.  Sending best wishes.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @Historylover  and @NatureLover @Maggie  

i too think Maggie is such a warm, caring and friendly person. I hope you are still keeping in touch with Sane for help if needed my friend and checking in on others here even if it is behind the scene. Take care and take your time ti heal Maggie 💗🌹

Hello @Historylover 

Thank you so much for starting this thread.

I have scarcely been on the forums, mainly replying to those who wrote on the thread where I usually hide away.

I had noticed her absence; knowing at the same time that @Maggie often stepped back for self-preservation, the same as I do.

Thank you also @NatureLover and @Former-Member 

I had not seen any news about her family member and am so very sad to read this.

Dearest Maggie, I will not continue to tag you as we all here want to respect your space.

You have given so much to so many even though I know at times you found this hard to believe.

We had an interwoven journey there for a while on and off of the forums.

Shared quotations, pictures and laughs. A few high teas as well.

You are and always will be to me a very special friend in this surreal platform where we open up our hearts.

This world is such a strange place where people like us, living with our life journeys, do make strong friendships.

We can communicate more easily, support more people, laugh and cry, share our moments of joy. 

Sometimes this might be a photograph of a cherised plant that has bloomed in our very own garden.

This happens within our inner garden also, our inner self, when we find a strong friendship on this platform.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for so many treasured moments.

You do what you feel is the best for you Maggie.

You will always be welcome and always be remembered.

Much love from many I can say that with hand on heart.

Bless you 💚💜💛

Former-Member
Not applicable

Beautifully written @Sophia1  hope Maggie doesn't stay away too long💗

Thank you @Former-Member 

Yes I know how you feel.

It is hard when we have a special connection with someone and they have time away.

I had an experience like that for about 2 years with a person; different ways of communicating.

Also on the carer side there was a parent when I first started on the forums with whom I just hit it off with.

Both of us had family members with same illness and whilst there were more differences than similarities that did not matter. We held each other up and laughed so much. Lightened the load, not ignoring, just having time to breathe.

Tried reaching out to both a few times over the years and they have either come back with a different user name and prefer not to remember that period or no longer find the forums helpful.

I do hope that my perspective does not upset you.

I too miss them. 💜

A reminder to ourselves that whilst these lovely people with whom we connect mean so much to us we have to learn to let them go if it is their wish.

I now tell myself that I am still supporting them by letting them go and helping them find their strengths and support elsewhere.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Sophia1  I think the later may be more likely, I think some people may get to a stage where they can handle themselves better or family members have moved from home and the stress is not what it was.  Great way of thinking Sophia letting them go, I like that. 🌻🌺

TAB
Senior Contributor

I wonder about @Bimby2 ?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance