Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Judi
Casual Contributor

Re: So alone

No my either.  Take a pill and just be happy is what I get :(. Disheartening isn't it?

Hi @Judi @Mumma2 just wanted to let you know I read your posts and I get it Smiley Sad

I have found the forum helpful because there are people here who accept and do their best for you without judgment. It rebuilt my confidence, to some extent, that I'm worth it.

It's a very hard dynamic to challenge - you are giving and selfless and hope for just a bit back. Since being on the forum for a while I started to look outside my immidiate situation and made a few friends. It's not on a par with having someone who you know is 100% solid, 100% with you but it has helped with my deep seated feelings that no one really cares.

You might already know, but just in case, use @ to tag people you want to notify of your post, then they can see it in the 'New' area in the top right of the screen.

Take care, and welcome.

Judi
Casual Contributor

• Hi @ Frog.  
    That is exactly how I feel, that no one really cares. 
    I am so glad you now feel more accepted through finding some friends that have helped those feelings. I long for that
asdfge
Senior Contributor

Being alone day, after day is burdensome. But is it really true that it is more strenuous feeling lonely around others?

@Judi   Hello Judi,

I've seen your posts on the forum and that you have had some very brief chats with people.

I wonder whether you would feel like telling us a little bit about yourself.

Maybe we could share something about ourselves or our feelings about where we are at the present time.

My first contact with the forum was back in 2015. It must have been a very short visit because I cannot find any details.

It was about the 17 Feb this year that I came back in and I have been "digitally" online here, chatting with people since then. Some people may say I "talk" too much on here, but really I just do as much as I can do.

All our conversations are anonymous, so there should be no concern about vulnerability.

I will be back here at 10.00 am AWST which I believe is about midday on the East Coast, just to give you a timeframe. I'll be here for an hour or so and back later in the afternoon/evening our time here.

I hope to be able to talk with you later on today.  If we cannot catch up, maybe you could leave a note.

With Best Wishes

HenryX                   

(not a flash name, but it's the only way people can refer to me on here)

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance