Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Achievements!

Yes re swimming and after testing my back yest its really badly needed @Dimity  breaks the day up too. About 5ks to pool, get changed ok coles next door for a treat like a juice on way home.. Just a matter of doing it. Bag w towel, shorts goggles been next to door for 4 months now .. 

Glad you've visualised the steps @TAB but don't overthink it. Sounds like the biggest step will be heading out the door with the car keys.

Me, I have to restart resistance training and try some stretches - not sure what's holding me back. I guess I've just got to do it. I'm still walking just about every day, have managed that since late May. 

it's become a literal mental block re pool . yes, like me going to work when I do .. if I get out the door thats half the battle there, just going ... @Dimity  having to manage my foot as you know by now I guess so not been walking that much. however, i saw video other day saying 2 main groups w plantar fascitis, 'big'inactive people ie me and runners, result is the same, body cannot cope. with runners solution is to do less, 'my group' solution is to do more , going to try slow build up w lots days off inbetween while doing exercises from physio.

IMHO the days off in between are part of the problem @TAB . I procrastinated and theorised then decided I needed to build a new habit/routine and that it would probably take 40 days so I gave myself an ultimatum that if I could stick it out for 6 weeks I'd be more than halfway to the new me. I had a phone coach every 4 weeks but the support of people like you and @Oaktree and now @SmilingGecko every day or two. I set a phone reminder for 4pm and started with walking around the block for 10 minutes and was bloody-minded about making myself put on shoes and go. 

When I had plantar fasciitis I would have been pretty heavy too. But I think what turned the corner for me with it was the strapping and getting foot support. Have you got your new shoes and arch supports yet?

I've been pretty stiff and sore the last couple of days after heavy gardening and clearing out most of the stuff in the carport. I've got a book of stretches somewhere, I should probably look for it.

yeah 6 weeks would be a record for me @Dimity  before stopping for some reason.

yeah got arch supports , not used to them yet , used once so far. physio said them wont fix it they exercises will

yes, somehow I even dropped stretching , so things pretty dire atm, will get there tho

Attaboy @TAB 

Yeah well @Dimity  we shall see shall lol 

Am going to try daily reminders on ph @Dimity 

going to get fast 800 book too plus ask dr for meds again re my size.  Ok plus gym lol . Apparently over a certain age if not doing weight bearing exercise you are losing muscle automaticly..

My psychiatrist thought I must have had weight loss meds @TAB but I did it without. I got a bulkbilling dietician thanks to my gp. I'd looked at Fast 800 and the 5:2  but they were a bit too drastic for me. Instead I went with portion control - no. of servings and serving size based on fist/palm. It meant I  boosted fruit veg and fibre, and reduced fats/oils and carbs. It was slow at first but steady. I still haven't got a handle on loss of muscle mass - need more protein and resistance training. If you have a dietician they measure f*t/muscle/bone through some sort of scales with electrical impedance through your bare feet. I'd like to go to a gym but it can be pricey so so far I've made do with walking and resistance bands.

.. Hi All .. I tidied up and got the rubbish to the bin .. feels like way more than it sounds @Dimity @Judi9877 

Enjoy your trip @Appleblossom  (?)

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance