Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: GRATITUDE

Hi everyone @Olga @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Judi9877 @Adge @Gwynn @HenryX @Daisydreamer ...

I had a very down day yesterday. My first thing to be grateful for is that today is a bit better and I slept better last night.

Also

• Autumn - my favourite season in my part of the world
  • Tea - such a comfort
  • Garden - is looking good after a gentler summer this year
  • Something to look forward to - watching soccer with my daughter
Olga
Senior Contributor

@frog, glad you are feeling better today. I agree that sleep has so much to do with a stable mood. Sleep is often hard to come by. Enjoy your soccer game!

Glad you're feeling better, @frog. Today I'm feeling grateful for overripe bananas and the banana bread they can be made into. 🙂

@Gwynn @Shaz51 @Olga @frog @Former-Member  and everyone else

Gratitude for having

• relatively secure accommodation
  • Having had a good sleep
  • Having a "beautiful" Kelpie/Lab for company

and I'll borrow or adopt a few of @frog 's

• Autumn - my favourite season (mostly) in my part of the world
  • Tea - such a comfort
  • Garden - has potential to look good after a gentler summer this year

Best Wishes

HenryX

Adge
Senior Contributor

Hi @Former-Member Yes the Forums give me some sense of connection - Which when individual, can be very meaningful (& helpful).

Yes (Good idea), Creating new things to be Grateful for - I am working on that too, yes it's possible.

Gee, returning Positive energy tome like a Sunbeam (or something) - I love that Analogy.

Most of the things on Gratitude lists (of suggestions) - I either Don't have (eg Children, a Partner, etc), or feel I don't have.

So that leaves me out, probably leaves you out (excluded) too.

As Tony Robbins says: "Focus on something small - make it Bigger & Brighter" (Like the Focusing Lens of a Camera).

So I always keep T.R's saying in mind....

Gee, you try to find 3 Positives every morning & every night - That's Really Good Effort.

I write a Reminder for Mondays in my Diary - "Joy & Gratitude" to think of things to be Grateful for.

Then I forget to Do it...

That said, I did spend ages the other day - Writing out a List of things that I can be (or am) Grateful for.

Thanks @Former-Member 

Adge

Hi @Former-Member
I’m in Melbourne so not in WA where the cyclones are thank goodness! Thanks for asking!
Judi9877

Hi @Olga
I’m in the process of knitting a pair of fingerless mitts for my housemate and then I’m going to knit a pair for myself after last night needing a pair whilst here in Melbourne as it was cold! I’m also knitting a blanket using squares. You’ll find me hanging out on the @Knitting forum post if you search for it where I often post my projects. Like you, I find knitting calming for my MH. I hope to see you there sometime!
Judi9877
Former-Member
Not applicable

Good one @Adge,
I like TR's directive: "Focus on something small - make it Bigger & Brighter" Like the Focusing Lens of a Camera" I guess that's what faith is in some ways. We have the choice to make it a Sunday thing or "love with all our heart"

As for not relating to many blessings others have, inadvertently highting its absence for us at times.  I try be happy for them and glad i don't have the hassels that so often come with their responsibilities. I remember tea room  conversations when nursing in my mid 20's. All they talked about was their
- husband (I was single)
- children (none, miscarriages)
- their home Reno's (I rent)
- last holiday away (:face_with_rolling_eyes:$). Sucks! Didnt have  confidence at the time to talk about m hobbies - music, theology, sewing  I always carried so much shame... was so shut down. Oh well.

Today WE ARE TALKNG shared experiences.
Today I'm thankful for
- abc tv 'Songs of Praise and online church services.
- bendy garden wire that fixes anything.
- Freezers so I always have a supply of winter vegies, and bulk cooking broths and soups. xox

Former-Member
Not applicable

Just watched 'Jersey Boys' (lathe story behind the 1960 group 'Four Seasons' I've always liked their music, like Rag Doll... Do you like them?
Former-Member
Not applicable

images (67).png

#ThankfulThursday

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance