Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

It seems to be a thing with rescue dogs of working breeds @Zoe7. They become so attached and protective of you. I’ve spoken to quite a few people with similar experiences with their rescue dogs. It’s a lovely thing that they become so fiercely loyal but not so good practically. If I ever go down this path again I would definitely do classes. 

Doh 🤦‍♀️ @CheerBear just worked out nephew dog. Luckily you didn’t have to draw a picture 😜

Maybe once this clink bus has driven off and you've found your way back up from under/around it, you'll be able to get back to looking at that stuff @Teej. I can relate well to that part of your struggle. Lots since my big bang hasn't felt the same or right. Lots stopped and left me wondering now what. Big hugs - it's a super tough thing to face ❤

Not sure whether to hope it is ages away to give you time, or really soon so it's over and done with. Will it be in person or phone? Will you have someone with you?

Weekend has been OK thanks. Friend and I had a tiff and we haven't spoken for a few days. It's the longest we've not spoken. I feel OK about that except that I have this annoying guilt default where I want to fix it (but I also really dont care to or want to too) that I'm trying to fight off at the moment. New baby dog is well and unwell ones 🙂

On the positive side you fur baby is a great companion and loves you unconditionally and that is lovely @Teej  I know Toby will bark at anyone that he feels is a threat to me - he has barked at my sister and her partner when they have raised their voices before - he doesn't ike that one little bit. He has also become quite naughty also - that is entirely my fault being home with him for so long over the last couple of years and taking him everywhere with me. For the first year or so I didn't go anywhere without him - he really was my little saviour - if I had him with me I felt I could get through the day.

Since then I have left him at home more but he really does have the run of the house still at all times. So to say he is very spoilt is an understatement Smiley Surprised

Hello everyone, I’m just checking in. I’m feeling very flat as I realised I’m pretty well invisible to most people. Like I mean my feelings don’t seem to matter. I’m going into respite soon as I’m going downhill fast. I don’t want to scare my support worker off so I don’t even tell him how I feel. On my traffic light system I’m red but even though I am it seems watching I’m a celebrity get me out of here is more important. The mrs was in here and I was about to tell her how I feel but the tv beckoned her away. I’m holed up in my bedroom feeling really... actually I don’t know just flat.

I’m so glad you’ve had Toby @Zoe7 🤗

@CheerBear The appointment will be in person and is likely to be this week. I won’t have anyone with me mostly because I will have very little scope. I put on my brave and asked my therapist if there was any way she could come with me, knowing it was impossible 😖. She said she had a few gaps during the week and could move things around possibly but it just depends what day and time. It’s actually a pretty biggish drive for her too which adds more time away from her office (that she won’t be getting paid for). 

Ahh. I can see the need for the dogs to get along. I hope they sort themselves out. 

Sorry about tiff with friend. I very much nodded and totally understood what you meant by the default setting to fix it. That is so me too. It’s part of the stuff I want to sort out in therapy too. 

Have you much on your radar this week? 

That’s no good @Queenie. I’m glad you have respite coming up. They’ve been so much needed for me too.  I’m sorry I don’t know what to say. I know you can sometimes have a rocky relationship but it mostly works out again. I hope she comes back to talk to you after the show. Maybe she is just doing some self care and watching tv first to wind down. 

Heading off for the night @Teej  @CheerBear  Thanks for the company for a while Heart

Sending love and hugs to you both and to you too @Queenie Heart

I hope you are right @Teej. 😔

Night @Zoe7 OMG just saw the time. How did it get this late 😳. I hope you sleep well and get lots of rest ready for Tuesday. 💜🤗😴😴😴

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance