Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

Funny bf got angry cause I couldn't explain I think at times we speak different languages!!! :pile_of_poo:

By the time I talked to my boy, I played it down and said I don't really know enough to fill him in and that I'll find out more tomorrow. I did tell him it's awake again (not that it's spread) and that he's not having treatment for 2 months so guess until I've seen dad face to face that will suffice. My boy is on call working tonight so I didn't want to upset him and then he's out in the road driving and my other son is still at work. I was going to drive over there but my eye sight is non existent at night. So will have to wait now 😞

@Emelia8 maybe it's just a really bad dream? Maybe I heard wrong. I feel dreadful you have enough if your own sadness right now and I am also heartbroken for you 😒

Let's just go back to flying Em, bring @WIP along and anyone else here and we can giggle like school girls at the sights of the ant people below.

πŸ§šβ€β™€οΈπŸ§šβ€β™€οΈπŸ§šβ€β™€οΈ

🐜🐜🐜

Yes definitely ask about the cough @Emelia8 

I can imagine there are many nasty side effect buy just to be sure x

So you'll have treatment Monday next week as well? Sorry so many questions. I should just wait and I can ask you personally tomorrow...whilst in your pocket. Patience has always been something I need to work in πŸ˜‰

Its very normal I think @Anastasia to think "maybe I heard that wrong" or "did I dream that?"  All part of how our mind tries to deal with bad news. We dont want, or are not ready, to accept the news.

Yes, nice idea ... lets go fly, or just float. Haha ... and watch all the ant people below. πŸ˜„πŸœπŸœπŸœ

Or would you sit and have a cuppa with me? Im watching Im A Celebrity at present. Watched the cricket too ... quite enthralling. India were impressive, and deserved to win.

How about I put the kettle on? I have plenty of tea bags πŸ˜• here. And some shortbread bickies too. We can have a chat.

Emelia πŸ’ž

I would love that, thank you. 

@Emelia8 

I usually watch Celebrity but I'm hidden away in my room tonight. I don't want to work tomorrow. I want to go and see Dad and Mum. I might just do half day. I have a meeting with Canada office early tomor so will tell the customer service team that's why I'm off early. Problem is I do have a lot to get through. But such is...it can wait.

Shortbread biccies I love. My mum is from scandanavia region so I grew up with them among other European treats. πŸͺπŸͺβ˜•β˜•

Yes treatment next Monday as well @Anastasia , but being only one day I will just drive up and back. Then return on Wednesday.

Unfortunately I have a busy Tuesday, Aust Day. Hubby always has a BBQ party for some mates. Been doing it for years. Last I heard, there will be 16 people.

Nothing fancy, and Im doing as easy as possible this year. Cheese platter to start. Lamb cutlets on a platter handed out. Then help yourself to sausage sandwiches, hot dogs and all the condiments. Plus corn cobs, baby potatoes and tossed salads. Then lamingtons and pavlova. Not looking forward to it.

Yes I probably should ask about the cough, its been bothering me today. The special breathing technique they use for this particular radiation is designed to help create a protective air layer above the heart and lung. But I expect some still gets through.

My night vision is really bad too ... so I hate driving at night. And if the roads are also wet ... I just cant see things.

Yes I will keep you safe in my pocket again tomorrow. And patience is definitely not one of my virtues. 

Emelia πŸ’ž

Lol I sometimes think perhaps we were twins's seperated at birth with our similarities. @Emelia8 

Gosh that is an already big week made even more so with the bbq! I feel for you. You sound like a wonderful host, hubby is a lucky man. We are having my bf side family Christmas Sunday as we didn't get to due to northern beaches :pile_of_poo:

It's in a park and my Mum and Dad are meant to join so it should be a nice day. 

You asked earlier if we would still have our week away and yes even had Dads treatment re started he had already decided that it would work around that week. We are staying at an incredible resort, no expense spared, he insisted. I think he's very much looking forward to living it up. I'm stressed out of my eyeballs as older son started working yesterday. Finally which is sensational but now that means my boy is home alone for most of the day. NOT at all sensational. I spent time on the phone today to put into place support workers so every day that week someone is here for four hours. I cannot believe the timing!! Oldest son hasn't worked for months and now....oh well. I have a girlfriend k am going to ask if she can keep her eye on him thru social media, maybeevne duck over for me

I am so sorry @Anastasia Im behind with the convo. WiFi keeps going out, plus Im slow on the little mobile.

A belated Christmas, should be nice. And its great your family holiday will still take place. A no expenses spared resort sounds devine. 

Oh dear ... that is unfortunate with your boy being home alone once your other son starts work again. Well done for getting support workers in place. Good timing in that regard I suppose, with all that work you did for NDIS. And Im glad your friend can keep an eye out for him too.

Work sounds stressful. Hope you can escape after a half day, and get over to spend some time with your mum and dad.

Getting really tired, and my eyes are giving out. Catch you in the morning. I hope you can get some sleep. πŸ˜„

Love you πŸ’•

Emelia

Thank you for the chat.

No need to apologise. Looking forward to tomorrow sweets πŸ˜‰πŸ§šβ€β™€οΈπŸ’žβœ”οΈ

Sleep well @Emelia8 

P.S. Love you more ❀️

Good night @Emelia8 

πŸ’™β˜•οΈπŸ’™

Morning @Emelia8 

Hoping today goes ok for you hun.

Thinking of you lots πŸ’œπŸ’œ

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance