Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Whatsagoodname
Contributor

How are you, really?

I just feel like I’ve had enough, going back to about 2 years, all of a sudden I got a lot of sh1t dumped on me. 

I feel down, and I’m not sure if it’s going to last… I want the silver lining. But can’t see it at the moment. I’ve been holding on to it for about 2 years. Maybe I’m just having a bad day, I used to be so self aware… that seems like history.

im not working at this stage so all day I have time to myself to think about what’s going on. 3 days after harassment I’m feeling it and don’t have the confidence to speak up for myself, while the other guy trots on with his life. It’s all little things and the good things outweighs the bad, but it is just not normal. My invisible illness doesn’t seem so invisible now, but it used to be so good, want to go back to that. Popularity is not kind with me, too sad so bad! Just don’t know… what do you guys think?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How are you, really?

Is this out of a hundred? The decimal system is typical in this country, so, I'm just assuming. 🧐

Hi @Whatsagoodname 

Thank you for posting here on the Forums!

Sometimes we all have bad days and they can drag us back again. A silver lining sounds like you still are holding on with hope and that's really important when we have MH to deal with.

It can be easy to get into your own head when you are not working so it can help to have a routine and plan your days or set some tasks. Focus on your strengths and what you can control rather than getting caught up with the things you are struggling with. Have you connected with our SANE Counsellors on the Support Line? They can be really good to chat with and talk about what is going on for you. SANE Support Centre: 1800 187 263 Counselling

Staying connected is important too so please reach out on the Forums anytime too!

Take care

RiverSeal

Feeling better today,  just in the moment seems so real.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance