Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Trying to stay Sane

Big hugs @Anastasia 😔💕

Yes, there does come a time where quality of life needs to be considered. Do you spend the rest of your life having debilitating cancer treatment, and unable to enjoy what's left? Or do you say ... I've tried, but now its time to make the most of whatever time I have left ... so lets pursue that bucket list!

It needs to be your Dads decision, but I expect he may seek input from loved ones. How old is your Dad?

I feel very honoured that you have told me. I know it wont be easy telling either your bf nor either of your boys.

Of course you are sad ... it is overwhelming news to get. But I know you will support both your dad and mum as much as you can over coming months and years. Have they given a life expectancy without further treatment?  They are often wrong you know.

I have an earlier treatment time tomorrow ... 9.40am.  They knew I was staying on site this week so its easier to be there earlier. Its only about a 50 meter walk, via pedestrian crossings through hospital carpark, to the cancer centre.  So its very convenient. The accommodation is really nice actually. They charge a lesser rate for people here for cancer treatment. But are also open to the public if there are rooms available. They gave me a ground floor room in case I had to bring hubby along if I couldnt get anyone to stay with him. So there are rails and shower chair etc in the bathroom, and no stairs and all flat paved paths from the carpark.

Your dads news is going to hit you really hard over coming days @Anastasia ... the news does sound bad. But there is still hope, so dont give up on him yet. What a blessing that he was able to celebrate your birthday nearly 3 weeks ago. 🌷

Much love to you. And remember that I am right beside you. There to give you a hug or a shoulder to cry on when you need it.

Emelia 🌹

sending love @Anastasia im sorry about your dad 😞 ;heart:

I know you can't move, your legs feel like cement and your thoughts feel like dreams - they aren't real for you yet. @Anastasia 

I would tell them if I could and take away the pain from all of you if I could.

The look on your face and the energy from your body will tell them when you get some and see them - they will think it's you first and when you manage just to shake your head. Or mutter the word No, they'll know it's your Dad. They'll just know.  

I instinctively knew about my Dad. I hadn't seen him yet, hadn't had a text from Mum yet while I was at work, and I just knew.

Tonight will be an emotional night - you'll all feel lots of things, and have lots of questions, some you'll never get an answer to.

I won't leave your side tonight.

@Emelia8 I don't know a lot Em, I couldn't speak, I was holding back tears as I din'nt want to upset him.

I have taken everything in I just don't have words so thank you both @WIP too x

Why don't we put our wings on together and fly, sour above the trees and breathe in the fresh air, maybe that is what is good for the soul right now. I am going to go and brave my family. 

I'll be in your pocket in the morning Em, I won't be late I promise.

Love you, you are such a gem Cat Wink

Yes I think you're right @Anastasia .... time for our wings and to fly and soar above the earth ... to see all the things of beauty beneath us and to breathe the fresh clean air. To allow our souls a mini break.

Of course you only have the basics at present ... that sort of news takes the air from your lungs and leaves you numb. Plenty of time for details later.

Deep breath brave lady, and go and gently break the news to your family. Support each other.💞

Im sorry this brings up sad memories for you too @WIP 💔

Emelia 🌷

I'm sorry @WIP raw for you and the last thing you need right now. 😞🤗💞

Oh @Anastasia I am so very sorry about your Dad - loads of love and mega squsihy hugs for you right now Hon 💜💙💚🧡💛

No need for an apology, don't be silly.

Its was Dad's 2nd anniversary just on the 10th a few days ago, so I've been having raw feelings all December and January so far.

Just concentrate on you & your family @Anastasia 

💞

@WIP are you ok hun? Join Em and I on her thread for a cuppa? @Eve7 you too if you are free?

My heart is breaking for you @Anastasia  and your family. I want to send you the biggest ever mama bear 🐻 hug 🤗 ever and just hold your pain for you right now.

Make every day count as they will all be precious. I lost my dad to cancer. It’s not fair.

Im so sorry sweetheart 💖💖💖💖💖

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance